top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car insurance question....tricky situation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car insurance question....tricky situation?

So, I'm coming up to my discharge date. I still have my car, which I did surrender in my BK but was waiting till now to take the action. My dad will be purchasing me a new (used) car this week, lien in his name and payments will be made to him.

My insurance is current and has always been paid on time.

I will have to call the insurance company to insure the new (used) car. Do I just let them know I'm taking the tags off the other car because I'm getting rid of it. I'm trying to "avoid" the word bankruptcy and surrendering the car hoping they won't check my credit. Is this possible?

The insurance company, or agent won't care. Just call your insurance agent and tell them that you no longer have XXXX vehicle, but now have YYYY vehicle and need to insure it. You will need the VIN number, as well as make and model. They don't care about anything else.

They also won't care that you have swapped tags. The licensing agency WILL be interested in the swap of tags, but they also will NOT care why. They will want their 'transfer of tag' fee, and that is all.

We did this just yesterday with a couple of vehicles--one which died and was taken to the junk yard, and another replacement vehicle.
    Last edited by AngelinaCat; 01-29-2011, 08:30 PM.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

After my lease was up, prior to filing CH7, I've used my GF's second car (she has a company car). I called my agent and provided them with the new car info and continue to pay the insurance on it in my name even though it is her car. I never mentioned BK nor did they ask me anything. In other words, it's no big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
        The insurance company, or agent won't care. Just call your insurance agent and tell them that you no longer have XXXX vehicle, but now have YYYY vehicle and need to insure it. You will need the VIN number, as well as make and model. They don't care about anything else.

They also won't care that you have swapped tags. The licensing agency WILL be interested in the swap of tags, but they also will NOT care why. They will want their 'transfer of tag' fee, and that is all.

We did this just yesterday with a couple of vehicles--one which died and was taken to the junk yard, and another replacement vehicle.
        Yes completely agree with the above two, you need not worry about your credit score or any thing. It is infact far simpler and hassle free than what you think it is.
        URL Removed by Admin

Comment

I just added a car to my insurance policy, after which I noticed that my insurance company had run a credit inquiry. My credit report looks like one would expect just prior to BK: defaults and charge offs, but no actual BK yet. Would this have affected my car insurance rates?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X