top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is responsible for home insurance and property taxes after discharge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our BK 7 was discharged. We're leaving the state but plan to rent the house until foreclosure, maybe 1 or 2 years (nothing started yet). Our homeowners insurance is paid until Oct. When we relocate, we will get renters insurance on our new residence and plan to get an umbrella liability policy. It states that it covers rental property so it should cover us for liability. I'm sure the bank will put insurance on the structure when the homeowners ins runs out.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter6251 View Post
      Our BK 7 was discharged. We're leaving the state but plan to rent the house until foreclosure, maybe 1 or 2 years (nothing started yet). Our homeowners insurance is paid until Oct. When we relocate, we will get renters insurance on our new residence and plan to get an umbrella liability policy. It states that it covers rental property so it should cover us for liability. I'm sure the bank will put insurance on the structure when the homeowners ins runs out.
      absolutely correct...banks have what is called an "umbrella" policy as well for their foreclosure properties....

in as much as one PP mentioned about having to maintain insurance until the deed transfer...well...what if never does???

the bank may hold the property forever...
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
        absolutely correct...banks have what is called an "umbrella" policy as well for their foreclosure properties....

in as much as one PP mentioned about having to maintain insurance until the deed transfer...well...what if never does???

the bank may hold the property forever...
        Exactly. We feel that by renting it out after we leave, gives us some needed income plus protects the property which we seem to care more about than the bank. So if we cover our liability with the umbrella policy, they can cover the structure or not, I don't really care.
        Last edited by scooter6251; 02-23-2011, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter6251 View Post
          Exactly. We feel that by renting it out after we leave, gives us some needed income plus protects the property which we seem to care more about than the bank. So if we cover our liability with the umbrella policy, they can cover the structure or not, I don't really care.
          we would have the done the same thing...but we had ponds and pool and spa...way way too much liablity...and that scared us...otherwise we would have done the same exact thing.
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Tobee...what DID you do, then? I just want to clarify. I know this is an old post, but our house has a pool, and when the NOD comes and we know we're only a few months out from the sale, we will move to a rental. I need to know how to insure the house (if I need to) during that gap of time that it is vacant. What kind of insurance did you get to cover yourself because of the pool, spa, etc...
            --------------------------------------------
            As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness. ~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X