Job offer pulled because of insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job offer pulled because of insurance

Just had a job offer pulled by an insurance company cause of my BK which was filed 4/2011. The good news is I still have my current job although the situation is not the greatest it does pay the bills for now.
    Nothing is ever easy. I was hoping this was behind me. I guess I have 9 more years.

Please explain how the insurance company was involved. Did you have to be bonded for the new job?

Some insurance companies will not accept people who BK, no matter what the reason. Others will only accept a person if it has been 5 years or more since the Discharge.

I am sorry for your loss, but, your answers to the above questions might help someone else.

Thanks!
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I called HR last week to check on the status of my application and they told me they were ready to make an offer. They were putting together the compensation package and needed to run a backround check to make sure I have not been convicted of anything.
      My BK came up when doing the check and they sent a letter saying I was no longer a candidate. They told me they do not hire those that have recently filed BK.

Comment

I still don't understand what an insurance company had to do with this. Was your job application WITH an insurance company? Or did you have to be bonded with a company for your applied for job?

In any case I am sorry to read of this circumstance.

Comment

sorry messed up the title job pulled cause of BK. I was going to be working for an insurance company

Comment

Originally posted by MC101296 View Post
            sorry messed up the title job pulled cause of BK. I was going to be working for an insurance company
            I see now. Yes, some insurance companies will not sell homeowner's policies to a person who has filed BK, period. Others will sell them only if you are five years past your discharge. So, with those regulations in place for potential customers, I can see how such a company wouldn't want en employee with a BK on their record.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X