A bit ironic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bit ironic

So back when I was struggling financially do to multiple job losses and very low paying jobs while I worked my way up the ladder I could get any type of credit I wanted/needed. Fast forward to today I have about the same credit score or a bit better (722) as when I filed but I am more secure in a decent paying job, have plenty of money in the bank and a wife who can work yet it is much more difficult for me to get the same credit due to my BK.
    What brought this up was I called to get a Auto Insurance quote from USAA but they won't insure me because of my BK. These guys would loan me anything when they shouldn't have lender me a dime yet today when I'm low risk they don't even want to talk to me.

Logan

And just as they don't forgive or forget those who have filed for bankruptcy, we should not forgive or forget those companies that discriminate against us......

Karma.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

There are some things in the insurance and credit scoring business which just do not make any sense!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

logan, we went through AAA. we asked them to NOT go with a company that uses credit checks. we got an excellent rate with travelers insurance via AAA. try it, it doesn't hurt, they are all over the country and use many different companies to do your auto ins.
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
          logan, we went through AAA. we asked them to NOT go with a company that uses credit checks. we got an excellent rate with travelers insurance via AAA. try it, it doesn't hurt, they are all over the country and use many different companies to do your auto ins.
          We used esurance this time. I moved from NH to FL and rates more than doubled. OUCH

Comment

In NJ, as far as I know, there is only one insurance co. that doesn't rely on credit reports; Cure Ins. If there are any others, I can't find 'em. I haven't switched yet, but my ins. now is about $1600/yr., Cure will be about $600. That's how much of a difference a credit check can make.

Comment

StateFarm does not run credit checks...
              BK7 - Discharged May 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Logan View Post
                We used esurance this time. I moved from NH to FL and rates more than doubled. OUCH
                ours did also from nj to fl and i thought nj was BAD holy cow! here's it's terrible isn't it. i pay double from nj. everyone things fl is so cheap. our electric also went up here over $100 monthly since we moved here. every is going up and up. we went the first year with someone that our realtor recommended. the next year i shopped around and saved over $500 through AAA. and traverlers is a first tier co.

pjmax...nj manufactures doesn't do credit checks either. that's who we had before we came to fl.
                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

One thing good about California is they can't use your credit score for auto insurance or employment (some excepts for employment) What the heck does your credit score have to do with your driving record? Just an excuse. I know plenty of drivers with great credit and a lousy driving record.

Comment

I haven't had any problems getting credit where I want it... I also got my BK removed from my Equifax report which is nice cause I was able to get in with USAA (who is an EQ puller) and most of the credit unions I use are EQ only.

My credit is 10x's better after BK than it was before. It took a BK for me to learn how to use credit and not let it use me...

You have Navy Federal don't you Logan? I can't remember if that was you or not...but we have GEICO through Navy Federal and nobody can touch the rates I get with them. I'm paying 477 bucks every 6 months for my hubby and myself with a 2013 Ford Edge and a 2007 Mercedes on our policy. I can't beat that with a stick...and I'm in VA, so they use credit to pull here. If you do have Navy Federal, I really do recommend using their GEICO insurance discount.
                    BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                    Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
                      I haven't had any problems getting credit where I want it... I also got my BK removed from my Equifax report which is nice cause I was able to get in with USAA (who is an EQ puller) and most of the credit unions I use are EQ only.

My credit is 10x's better after BK than it was before. It took a BK for me to learn how to use credit and not let it use me...

You have Navy Federal don't you Logan? I can't remember if that was you or not...but we have GEICO through Navy Federal and nobody can touch the rates I get with them. I'm paying 477 bucks every 6 months for my hubby and myself with a 2013 Ford Edge and a 2007 Mercedes on our policy. I can't beat that with a stick...and I'm in VA, so they use credit to pull here. If you do have Navy Federal, I really do recommend using their GEICO insurance discount.
                      What are some tips to accomplish this? How would one dispute it and how long after discharge before disputing?
                      BK7 - Discharged May 2011

Comment

I use the Navy Federal GEICO discount. When you are looking at your policy on GEICO, there is someplace to apply a discount based on an affiliation.
                        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by Epic View Post
                          What are some tips to accomplish this? How would one dispute it and how long after discharge before disputing?
                          I pm'd you.
                          BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.

Comment

Hi Amy,,,

Could you please when you get a minute also send me a message per your statment on your OP (I also got my BK removed from my Equifax report which is nice cause I was able to get in with USAA (who is an EQ puller) and most of the credit unions I use are EQ only.
                            ) that would be so helpfull.... Happy Holidays
                            Filled 5-2010
                            7-2010 341 Meeting (Chapter 7 No Asset)
                            8-2010 Discharged/Case closed!

Comment

Originally posted by pathfinders View Post
                              Hi Amy,,,

Could you please when you get a minute also send me a message per your statment on your OP (I also got my BK removed from my Equifax report which is nice cause I was able to get in with USAA (who is an EQ puller) and most of the credit unions I use are EQ only.
                              ) that would be so helpfull.... Happy Holidays
                              Done.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X