Hey Geico!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Geico!

I really appreciate this information that you sent me after the outrageous insurance quote:

Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act Disclosure Notice

Thank you for contacting GEICO for a rate quote.

The price we are quoting you is based in part on information provided to us by the consumer reporting agency listed below.

We are sending you this notice, as required by the Fair Credit Reporting Act, because you received a higher price based on your credit information. However, you may contact us for additional consideration if the credit information used is a result of an extraordinary life circumstance.

The consumer reporting agency provided the following description of the credit factors that had the most influence on the price we quoted you:

-Unfavorable number of adverse public records (-)

-Delinquency (-)

-Recent adverse public records (-)

-Insufficient length of credit history (-)

My credit history has been perfect for the last 3+ years, no new public records, no delinquency, no recent adverse public records, and my credit history is 2+ years.

Since it's so obvious that you discriminate against people with excellent driving history just because they were broke, my bank account will choose to discriminate against you as well from this point forward.

I know that some of you at Geico will see this in your Google results, so enjoy my negative opinion of you and your operations.

All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Sorry, they are not nice. What the heck does credit have to do with driving. We have Geico for 20 yrs, 2676 yr for 2 drivers 2 cars. Only reason I keep is the Mechanical Breakdown policy 14.00 for 6 mos. I have had to use it and it is a miracle.
    chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Interesting. When we filed CH7 we were covered by esurance. Our renewal came up a couple months later, and they jacked the price by almost 80% (I can only surmise it was due to BK). The best policy I found after shopping around was with GEICO. They ended up being about 15% cheaper than the original esurance policy.

Comment

...so frogs and lizards don't get along?
        BK7 Filed 7/10/12 • 341 8/15/12 • Discharged 10/17/12 • Closed 5/6/13 Thanks to everyone here!

Comment

Originally posted by stray View Post
          ...so frogs and lizards don't get along?
          Oh so funny

Comment

We have been very fortunate. 3.5 years into our bk and our insurance rates have not changed. In fact it went down after the youngest turned 19 last year and got his operators license.

Four cars, four drivers, two full coverage, two liability, two drivers under 25 years old = $347/month with MetLife Auto.
            Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

Old man here. I have no accidents/no tickets for the last 14 years. I pay $600 a year to USAA for a 2012 leased SUV, and my credit score is around 600 plus I owe USAA about 14k for a visa card which I have not paid on in over two years. My home insurance policy is about $950 a year and I got three estimates from $1600 to $2100 for a year.

Comment

Yeah, Frogger, try to get in with USAA if you or family have any military history then i always here usaa or navy fed is best. I looked long and hard and ameriprise thru costco was the best deal.

Comment

frogger, we called AAA and got a GREAT quote from them. actually, you can request as we did to use a company which does not check credit. AAA accesses many insurance companies so we had our choice.

i thought NJ was the highest in the country only to find out florida is far worse and all i have to do is go out to rt 50 and i know why. anyway, the first few times we were slammed with higher than usual rates now we are fine; we have travelers, did have hartford before, but saved about $400 a year.
                  8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by InOverHead View Post
                    Yeah, Frogger, try to get in with USAA if you or family have any military history then i always here usaa or navy fed is best. I looked long and hard and ameriprise thru costco was the best deal.
                    any family??? just was wondering about about with nave federal, since one of us was navy for 4.5 years...USAA ok for vets???
                    Last edited by tobee43; 02-01-2013, 09:49 AM.
                    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Actually, I'm at a very good rate with my current insurance company. Just thought about checking around to keep everyone honest and found out some of the ones that I won't ever do business with.
                      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                        any family??? just was wondering about about with nave federal, since one of us was navy for 4.5 years...USAA ok for vets???
                        Hey Tobee! If a family member that was military has a policy with USAA, then you can get a tag-along being non military. They have simple ways for membership such as insuring a valuable personal belonging for as little as $20 yearly. Not sure about the details of getting in with NAVY fed but always hear great things about them. Definitely worth a call IMO.

Frogger, I have a growing list of companies...the world is not fair and i don't like it! thanks for saving me the troubles of bothering with the gecko

Comment

no, no one ever had a policy per se with them while in the military. i was just wondering if VETS were able to apply. not that we are not happy with the rate we get here. i did go to navy's website and it's really more for active duty members and not vets, which isn't really nice. we were in a state credit union before we filed but now do not live in that state any longer.

the thing about florida is you have the right to sue. in nj one had the choice so you could really lower your rate. honestly, having been driving in this crazy state, i do want to pay the bit extra and have that right to sue if someone hits us which is almost everyday we take out the car LOL!!!

Comment

frogger, we called AAA and got a GREAT quote from them. actually, you can request as we did to use a company which does not check credit. AAA accesses many insurance companies so we had our choice.

i thought NJ was the highest in the country only to find out florida is far worse and all i have to do is go out to rt 50 and i know why. anyway, the first few times we were slammed with higher than usual rates now we are fine; we have travelers, did have hartford before, but saved about $400 a year.
                            I agree. I found AAA to have the cheapest car insurance of all of them, and that's who I current have my insurance through.

I just have the minimum liability coverage required by the state of Arizona, and nothing else. And of course, with AAA, you have to be a member of AAA roadside service to get insurance through them, so there's that fee, too, but it's not much.
                            The world's simplest C & D Letter:
                            "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
                            Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

I just joined AAA and I'm due to switched insurance companies due to an upcoming move. I appreciate you sharing this information with the board.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X