top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Auto Insurance Providers for Bad Credit Pre-Bankruptcy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Auto Insurance Providers for Bad Credit Pre-Bankruptcy?

I am with Geico, they raised my rates over $10/month with no accidents or issues. I think this is based on my credit score which dropped since falling behind on my credit cards. I do not know if there any reputable insurance companies out there that don't penalize safe drivers with good driving records for a bad FICO score, but if anyone has any recommendations please let me know.

It really depends on which State you live in and whether they allow scoring to be used for automobile insurance. GEICO is generally one of the better companies. Your rate increase may just be related to actuarial adjustments for your specific area's rate of incidents. If you moved, even within 2 miles, that could also play a major factor in the rates.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I have Nationwide and oddly I still got the good credit discount even after my BK was discharged. I'd say it most likely varies by location as justbroke suggested. Personally I've heard Geico is hard to deal with on claims so I stayed away from them for that reason. Also, they seemed a little impersonal being a big corporate company without local agents.

Comment

I have shopped around, Geico still is competitive but much of this will depend on whether I get a new car.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X