341 Done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Done!

We had our 341 this morning - and I was really nervous as you might expect. Ours was at 9.45am - on the list you could see that there were 6 people scheduled for 9.30am (when it started), 6 for our 9.45am time slot, and so on. So I guess they expect them to be very quick. The Trustee was late.

We were all given a BK info sheet ahead of time and were told that we would be asked at the swearing in if we had read it and the expected answer was "yes". It had right on it how bad an idea reaffirmation is (which I found out here), and I liked that.

Us and another pro se filer were called up and given an additional form (actually 3 pages) to fill in - wanting to know if we had used a lawyer, what software we used, if software recommended certain lawyers or debtor ed websites, how much it cost, whether it gave legal advice, whether it asked us to lie about exemptions, etc. I don't know if that was a local form - I hadn't seen it before? I wasn't prepared for it - I was as common-sense as possible but only had a few minutes to fill it in, and hope nothing I wrote will feck things up. It was mostly yes/no answers except for listing the website I used.

Anyway - there were a few people with lawyers ahead of us. Some were asked for extra documentation, and didn't have forms they needed with them. I went in with a binder with all the documents he had asked us for in the letter he sent last week (already faxed to him, but I wanted to have copies on hand), as well as extra bank statements and tax returns going back further in case he needed them, and profit and loss statements from my micro-business that he hadn't asked for (I make and use about $2000 a year and mostly break even).

Asked us to verify out identities.
    Asked us if we had received and read the BK info form. YES
    Asked us if it was our signatures on the petition. YES
    Asked us if we had read the petition before filing. YES
    Asked if anything had changed on the petition. NO
    Asked how I had got the forms I needed. BK Software, found by Googling.
    Asked if I had had any help. NO
    Asked how we had filed. In person at the Federal Building.
    Asked if we had made the fee out to US Bankruptcy Court. YES
    Asked if we owned real estate. YES
    Asked if we intended to keep the property. YES, we intend to retain and pay.
    Asked if our car had been repo-ed. YES
    Asked if we intended to redeem it. NO (the letter from the bank showed it had to be redeemeed by 10/15/15 or it was being sold, LOL, that ship had sailed.)
    Asked if we had insurance for our current vehicles. YES
    Asked if we had sold any personal property for less than full value in last 6 years. NO

He then said he had no further questions for us and wished us good morning. He gave us back the 2014 and 2015 tax returns I had sent him - don;t know why. It was 5 minutes, if that. Very relieved it is over!

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X