top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chapter 7: Notice of Undeliverable Mail/ Forms 522Q and 309A- what do I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 7: Notice of Undeliverable Mail/ Forms 522Q and 309A- what do I do?

I filed pro se on May 31. I received two Notices of Undeliverable Mail to Debtor. Both are for the same creditor with whom I have only one debt. The ID numbers on the bottom of the page are different for each. Also in the envelope were a completed Form 309A- Notice of Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Case- No Proof of Claim Deadline and Form 522Q- Notice to Creditors and Other Parties in Interest of Provisions Under 11 USC Section 522 (q)(1).
    I assume even though I have only one debt with this creditor I just follow the directions on the form and send the corrected address back to them on both forms. My question is, am I just receiving Forms 522Q and 309A as an FYI since I am pro se, or am I supposed to send these forms to this particular creditor myself?
    Sorry for the dumb question- the duplication of the incorrect address form and inclusion of these other forms has me second guessing myself. I did try to contact my court via live chat and was disconnected, making me wonder if this question was deemed "legal advice" by them.
    Help!- and thanks!

If you read the notices, you need to serve those forms on the creditor(s) AND you need to update the bankruptcy court with the correct addresses.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you- this helps immensely! I'm not clear why they gave me two but I will send them both back.

Comment

If it was the same exact notice, then you may have received two because you listed the creditor twice in the schedules and/or on your Matrix.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks, I sent both anyway even though it's listed once. I'll le them figure it out! Thank you again. I could not have gotten through the forms without the help. Sometimes just asking/talking it through helps bring out the answer in this crazy process. My meeting is July 22 and I feel prepared and as confident as I can (at least right now).

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X