top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my discharge but one card isn't showing up in any of my credit reports anymore.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my discharge but one card isn't showing up in any of my credit reports anymore.

Weird situation. I filed Ch7 pro se and got my discharge on 11/18/16. Received the paperwork already and all looks good on PACER. There's one issue. All the debts I listed on my matrix show up (and are zero) on my report as of today, except one AMEX that was included. It's not showing up on the report at all... not as open, closed, delinquent... nothing. It's just not there.

Background: Before I filed my petition AMEX retained an attorney and they did file suit with state court. I ended up filing my petition two days before my date (I was going to file anyway, but I didn't want to also have a judgement on my record). I showed up and presented my petition to the judge. He stayed it and set a new date for the end of December to revisit, in case I didn't go through with it. About a month later I received paperwork from the AMEX attorneys that the case had been dropped in state court and I verified with the clerk that it actually had been disposed (shows up that way online too).

Of course on the matrix and schedules I listed all the law firms they'd hired and them as a corp (to two different corporate addresses).

Does anyone have any idea why the account just wouldn't be on the report anymore even though all the other ones are?

edit: In case it matters, I haven't received any mail and there have been no filings from any of the creditors on PACER. It was all pretty straight forward.

I would not worry about this at all. Some creditors, in order to prevent any stay violation penalties, will stop reporting and remove the tradeline from your credit report. I think this is the best thing you could have happen (have it removed).

Typically a tradeline that was included in bankruptcy (IIB), is marked as IIB, the balance set to $0, and a notation that otherwise makes it derogatory. For a creditor to remove the tradeline is good, but it could hurt your average age of accounts (AAoA).

Happy rebuilding and congratulations.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Well, that seems like good news. I'll keep an eye on everything over time but at least there appears to be some semblance of a silver lining since that one was the highest balance. Thanks for the info.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X