So many questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So many questions

I am afraid I'm in over my head. I filed pro se on the 3rd of April after having my wages garnished and needed to move fast. I believe I completed the paperwork accurately, but I needed to amend schedules B & C. The on-line "help desk" for the US Bankruptcy court told me I also need to notify creditors and complete a certificate of service. What is this?
    My trustee meeting is on the 12th of May. I am starting to panic. SI'm wondering if I should hire an attorney to take over from here? Not that I can afford it.

You will need to follow the process in the FRBP. When you add a new creditor, you need to serve the Notice of Bankruptcy to that creditor and file a certificate of service with the court to show that you served the notice on the creditor. If you need help, contact the Clerk of the Bankruptcy Court where you filed and ask if you can ask a "procedural" question about adding a creditor. You may also need to update other forms as well, and pay a fee.

Nolo has a blurb on this... http://www.nolo.com/legal-encycloped...tcy-forms.html

Again, look at your local rules AND ask your Clerk's office a "procedural" question (making sure you stick to procedural and not "legal" questions). I always start with "I would like to ask a procedural question" to make sure I stay on track.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank You.

Comment

I'd add if you don't have the NOLO book already, buy it today. You can buy it as a download for immediate reading, along with a hard copy. This forum and that book got me through the process successfully.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X