Chapter 13 Garnishment end?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 13 Garnishment end?

We got our final payment papers last week to sign and send back in and NDC status says complete and final payments have been mailed as of last week. Our payments for chapter 13 are garnished from employer, when will these end? Will we get any notification when they do end them? Thank you

The Chapter 13 Wage Deduction is not actually a garnishment, but a voluntary payroll deduction (although many Chapter 13 Trustee/Districts make it "mandatory" to only pay through a wage deduction order).

Someone has to get the court to issue an order revoking the wage deduction order (WDO). In some district, the Chapter 13 Trustee will do this. In other district, the debtor's attorney has to write a motion to revoke wage deduction order. I don't know how it's done in your district, but your attorney is your resource to find out.

I would stay on top of this by constantly bothering the attorney and/or Trustee. My WDO took over a month to revoke as I was self-represented and believed that the Trustee was responsible. In my case, it was not the Trustee's responsibility but the debtor attorney's responsibility (mine).
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you so much I had no idea!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X