info for Trustee???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

info for Trustee???

I filed pro se on May 27 and my 341 is July 1st.

I have no doubt the trustee will want some info from me prior to the 341, but as of today I have not yet received a request for any information and I'm getting concerned.

When should I receive a letter from the trustee telling me what to provide and, in addition, is there a standard set of information that I need to provide without having to be directed to provide it??? such as pay stubs for 6 months, bank statements for a year or tax returns for the previous 2 years...

Seems like you would get the letter about now. Mine was just a photocopy of a form letter with bad grammar. They didn't even update it for the current year, so for tax returns, the years were crossed out and written in by hand.

If you don't get such a request, just bring whatever you think they might want, including 6 mos bank statements, 6 mos credit card statements, 3 yrs tax returns, and (the most important) ID with SOCIAL SECURITY CARD.

Comment

Originally posted by poorold View Post
      I have no doubt the trustee will want some info from me prior to the 341, but as of today I have not yet received a request for any information and I'm getting concerned.
      Dont' be concerned. In the Bankruptcy world... no news, is good news!

Originally posted by poorold View Post
      When should I receive a letter from the trustee telling me what to provide and, in addition, is there a standard set of information that I need to provide without having to be directed to provide it??? such as pay stubs for 6 months, bank statements for a year or tax returns for the previous 2 years...
      It's not definite that you will. What you should do is check out the Trustee's website. Most Trustee's will have a Debtor's or Attorney information "package" on the site. This package will include things that they want. I would make sure you're conforming to what's in that package.

If you haven't already sent the Trustee "something" (last 3 years tax returns, etc), then you probably haven't looked at the package and requirements.

As JoeBankrupt33 writes, make sure to bring a copy of everything with you to the 341 Meeting just in case.

Is this Chapter 7 or Chapter 13?
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I did not receive any notice of what additional paperwork the trustee wanted. Because I did my homework, I brought copies of my tax return, 6 months worth of paycheck stubs and my apartment lease to the 341.

Turns out that the district requires lawyers to send copies of the taxes and paychecks to the trustee before the 341. Since I was pro se, I didn't know that. Fortunately, I was able to just hand them over during my meeting.

If you have any questions about what you will be required to provide to the trustee above and beyond your filing, you may want to call either the court clerk, or the office of the trustee assigned to your case. Tell them your name and case number, explain that you are filing pro se, and want to know what additional documents they will need to complete the case.
        I think of my bankruptcy less as "walking away" and more as "gnawing my leg off to get out of a trap".

Comment

Has it changed that much

I filed back in 99 and didn't have to bring anything to my hearing our submit anything more then the original paperwork. Now, I didn't have any property or assests, I didn't have any rent payments either. Why 6 months of check stubs or cc paper work? I have the most current bill from my cc companies and maybe my last few pay stubs and last years tax form. I am not filing till mid July, so what other stuff do I need this time? Again I own nothing, have no assests except my car which I am including. I have a checking and savings account but no retirement funds or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by eli4625 View Post
            I filed back in 99 and didn't have to bring anything to my hearing our submit anything more then the original paperwork. Now, I didn't have any property or assests, I didn't have any rent payments either. Why 6 months of check stubs or cc paper work? I have the most current bill from my cc companies and maybe my last few pay stubs and last years tax form. I am not filing till mid July, so what other stuff do I need this time? Again I own nothing, have no assests except my car which I am including. I have a checking and savings account but no retirement funds or anything.
            Yes, the Bankruptcy laws changed considerably in 2005. My trustee wants 60 days of paystubs, last year's tax return, and bank statements. I think these requirements vary by district or maybe trustee. These requirements were listed on the District's website, were given to us by the clerk, and were mailed to us by the court.

Comment

Also, if you have substantial debt you will have to provide more documentation. If you are over median income, you will have to provide more documentation. If you own a small business or have 1099 income, you will have to provide more documentation.

Search here and you will see that some of us had to supply YEARS worth of documentation: 2 yrs bank statments, 3 yrs cc statements, 10 yrs of real estate purchases and mortgages, insurance, etc. etc.

If you are a simple, no asset, w-2 employee, under median filer - then you can get away with very, very little documentation. But, it does vary from district to district.
              Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
              Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

If you are a simple, no asset, w-2 employee, under median filer - then you can get away with very, very little documentation. But, it does vary from district to district.

my bk was as above, in So. Cal., very simple filing. i only needed to send tt 2 years tax returns, that it. i did bring them along just in case, the only other thing i was told to bring was my original ss card and picture ID. cal your tt if in doubt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X