What Happens at a Confirmation Hearing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Happens at a Confirmation Hearing?

As a Pro Se filer, what can I expect at a Confirmation Hearing?
    Is the Trustee present and what is his/her role during the Hearing?
    Let's say your Trustee has sent you a letter of recommendation of your plan to you in advance. So, what type of questions will the judge ask at this point about the plan to make his/her decision? How nerve racking is the process? Please someone describe the scene in detail of a confirmation hearing.

Originally posted by hopeforusall View Post
    As a Pro Se filer, what can I expect at a Confirmation Hearing?
    Actually, nothing really.

Is the Trustee present and what is his/her role during the Hearing?
    Yes, their role is to "recommend" confirmation . Generally, they inform the Judge of any open issues with your plan and/or if you are actually "current" on your Plan payments.

Let's say your Trustee has sent you a letter of recommendation of your plan to you in advance. So, what type of questions will the judge ask at this point about the plan to make his/her decision? How nerve racking is the process? Please someone describe the scene in detail of a confirmation hearing.
    No questions really. Again, it's just procedurally formal as they must hold a hearing. If it's anything like mine, it really went without many words (although I had a Request for Automatic Stay pending, which the Judge denied). The Confirmation is really the Trustee's show.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      Actually, nothing really.

Yes, their role is to "recommend" confirmation . Generally, they inform the Judge of any open issues with your plan and/or if you are actually "current" on your Plan payments.

No questions really. Again, it's just procedurally formal as they must hold a hearing. If it's anything like mine, it really went without many words (although I had a Request for Automatic Stay pending, which the Judge denied). The Confirmation is really the Trustee's show.

In my district, the hearing is ex parte -- nobody even shows up unless there is an objection to confirmation. The judge just enters the confirmation order.
      Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Same here... unless there is a trustee or creditor objection that you couldn't work out and need the judge to decide on no one has to show up.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X