7 days after 341 getting credit card offers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 days after 341 getting credit card offers

Have had a couple already and a car loan offer. One today from the infamous First Premier Bank, ...only 9.9% interest...for people with bad credit. Of course there is $29.00 account set up fee, $95.00 one time program fee, $49 annual fee, $84 annual monthly servicing fee. Hey I think my BK might have cost less!

It got shredded. What I read was, "Pssst! Hey you, come over here. Come jump in the cooking pot for the next 8 years."

I think you should have printed a picture of your avatar picture and taped it to the application and sent it back to them that way.

Comment

LOL that is my new post 341 avatar

Comment

Wow, it took them 7 days! I haven't even had a discharge yet and I'm getting offers... LOL.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheRocks View Post
          Have had a couple already and a car loan offer. One today from the infamous First Premier Bank, ...only 9.9% interest...for people with bad credit. Of course there is $29.00 account set up fee, $95.00 one time program fee, $49 annual fee, $84 annual monthly servicing fee. Hey I think my BK might have cost less!

It got shredded. What I read was, "Pssst! Hey you, come over here. Come jump in the cooking pot for the next 8 years."
          I got that one...I about laughed myself silly over that one....and the car loans?? Oh myyyy....a stack of them...easily over a dozen offers.....

Comment

I must be in bad shape. It took me 11 days to get a First Premiere Offer after my 341. I guess then needed a few more days to think about me.

I figured that if I stayed current and paid in full, it wouldn't be a HORRIBLE deal, provided i NEEDED the $250 credit right away and was willing to spend $179 (or whatever the fees came to) to get it. Geesh.

I'd much rather put up the money for a reasonable secured card from a credit union than go the FP route. Since all I need a credit card for is the convenience of more car rental options for a trip 7 months after discharge, I've got plenty of time to worry about it (and build up the cash for a secured card).

Comment

Originally posted by NHC View Post
              I got that one...I about laughed myself silly over that one....and the car loans?? Oh myyyy....a stack of them...easily over a dozen offers.....
              I must be special... I got the offer from FP before I even went to my 341. And the car loan offers... Wow, who knew there were so many dealers willing to offer credit? Certainly not me, especially before I filed.
              Filed Ch7 Pro Se: 11/19/09; 341 Meeting: 12/23/09; Discharged: 03/01/10, Closed: 03/08/10

Comment

LOL, I had an offer from a car dealer... they were going to fly me to Boise, or pay for my hotel, if I went up and bought a car... looking forward to the cc offers though!

Comment

All through our Chapter 13 we received all sorts of junk offers from the former Aspire Bank (think First Premier as indicated above - same stuff), all sorts of auto offers with high interest/fees attached, and after discharge our mailbox was full of all sorts of auto and credit offers, even travel brochures from travel agencies. Your BK is public information - and you quickly become part of of the bad credit/BK mailing listings which creditors and auto dealerships purchase to send all this stuff.

Everyone gets these offers due to my last sentence above.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X