Order on Motion to Value Collateral.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order on Motion to Value Collateral.

oh. my. lord. I am beside myself. I think my heart stopped when I saw the judge drew lines on my pretty proposed order. SUSTAINED!!!

Keep in mind this proposed order came directly from the judge's own pre-written package of proposed orders.

So I wrote it like this:

It is therefore ordered that the Motion to Value Collateral filed by the debtor on December 21, 2009 is granted so that the valuation of the debt for the widget is hereby allowed as a secured claim in the amount of $9,043.00 with the balance of the claim allowed as a general unsecured claim.

The judge drew lines on my proposed order and left it looking like this:

It is therefore ordered that the Motion to Value Collateral filed by the debtor on December 21, 2009 is granted so that the valuation for the widget is $9,043.00.

This is a good thing, right??? This is all about that secured claim mess I was discussing in other Pro Se threads.

Congratulations. Don't be ashamed of the cross-outs. It happened once to me too. This is a good thing.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Well. You know what this means, right? The creditor's claim (apparently) did not constitute an answer to the Motion. Because he left the rest of the wording in place. The reason it was sustained was written in the motion. Failure to respond timely to the 21 day negative notice language. The twenty one days was up on 1/12 (I think... if I counted right.) Maybe he was also waiting to see if they filed an objection to confirmation? Because that is what I have been waiting on before doing anything else.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X