The 14-Day Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 14-Day Thread

Yes, this is my 14-Day countdown thread. Thought it would just be fun to post something interesting everyday.

Today I watched the Celebrity Apprentice. No spoilers here, but the season is winding down. I also traveled to my work location this morning. The Atlanta airport was rather busy for a Sunday morning. There was an entire Central Florida 7th Grade class that went to Atlanta for a Brave's game... oh that must have been fun.

(Note: these are things to keep my discharge off my mind. Especially with Albacore's last-minute UST involvement.)
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Good morning JB,

This is a great idea!
    My mind is filled with so many thoughts, which means I should just be very brief.
    One really uplifting thing I learned yesterday is that one of my new neighbors went to Skidrow downtown LA yesterday to do a 'make-over' on the mothers there-- cutting their hair, doing make-up. [Not her profession] [And she just moved here a month ago from another state; she does not even know the area.] I am very excited to make her acquaintance. She has so many interesting things to share. And I'm rather sure that she can & will be helpful to me in starting a possible business venture. (One idea is fixing and selling vintage clothing. She can help me on marketing, ...) I already adore her.

It was also great fun for me to introduce various neighbors to one another; e.g. a new Ethiopian neighbor to another one who adopted kids from Ethiopia. They got on dashingly. I really do wonder how exactly one makes money from being some sort of social coordinator.

[60 minutes last night had a segment on a topic I already mentioned in this forum; people deciding to foreclose because their house was under water. It seems they were raising a moral/ ethical issue about it.-- too ridiculous-- it's a business decision. In fact, I have thought of writing something on this topic: the 'Ethics of Going Bankrupt'; or, now, the 'Ethics of Foreclosing'. Where would I submit it, and how would it help me? is really the only question. Perhaps, in teaching business ethics.]

If I had the time, I should write some piece on "Chronicles of a Census Taker". It is sometimes rather fascinating to learn who one's neighbors are; and learn the general suspicion and ignorance that pervades this census taking. LA lost 1/4 of a million dollars last census because people would not report. [That really doesn't sound like too much.] I've run into language problems here so far because of Farsi [huge population here], and Japanese [huge population here]. I'd start I guess with the story about how some census taker was shot to death in the deep South upon announcing he was from the US Federal Gov't.

Anyway, I'll try to wake up. Thanks for the thread. gf

Comment

Hey JB. With all your experience and past problems, you should not worry in the least. My lawyer always told me when I complained and worried was: "You have paid me to do the worrying for you. That is my job, I'm your lawyer so you don't have to worry."

I heeded that and it was much easier. OH? You're 'pro se'"? Never mind. 'Hub

LOL
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Just a little self-correction.

It was $250 million LA lost for lack of census reporting last decade. (Given California's current economic woes, the number still seems negligible to me. $250,000 v. $250,000,000; small forgiveable mistake. ) gf

Comment

Day 2 of the 14-Day thread. Nothing much but lots of work today. Hopefully going to visit friends this weekend. Work was all day (8AM to 6PM).
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I watched "The Skulls" and deep conditioned my hair... in celebration of your Day 2 of 14 of course.

Comment

So, my Adversary Proceeding (AP) is in the twilight period. I have a pre-trial conference scheduled in late July! (Man, these APs are very slow to go through the system.) I have served the summons, complaint and notice of pre-trial conference on the evil corporation, so I'm hoping to see their answer soon. (They have to answer in 30 days from the issuance of the Summons, so this should be completed by 5/30/2010.) I'm sure they'll answer and deny everything.

Anyhow, work was another long day. Plus it's cold up here in the Northeast. Really Cold! (It's 45F as I type this at 6:00PM) I hope to be back in Florida Thursday night and maybe I can go up to New England -- yeah back in the Northeast -- Friday night or Saturday morning.

So ends Day 3 of the 14 day thread.

Comment

I heard it was snowing in Wisconsin and parts of Illinois and 2 feet of snow is expected in the Rocky Mountains... What happened to spring in Yankee country?

Comment

It was extremely cold here this morning in LA; like a NY's winter's day. Dark and overcast.
                  My father reported the weather in NY (Bronx) was 45 deg F. unusually cold.

Comment

Wow. Y'all are making me think I live in an alternate universe. It was well above 90 here. I didn't look to see how much, but I could tell... If it stays in the 80s or less I don't have to turn the a/c on.

Comment

Just a "Hi" guys right now,

Thanks for your last comment Tiger LOL I can't even imagine it. 90 degrees. I'll tell you, you're right. It was a bit like twilight zone to have such odd weather. (I rolled back into bed.)

[I just looked up definitions of e.g. LOL [my friend guessed it was Lots of Luck] Then I looked up ROFL, and LMAO.. My friend and I discussed the limited vocabulary seemingly available because of the current state of technology, twitter and such. ]

So, just real quick:

Today, I went to DMV and in front of me on line was Peter Gallagher [of OC, etc].
                      I said, 'I met you. Where do I know you from?' He replied "I've been around".
                      The only point: I forget I live in LA; where's it's commonplace to run into actors/actresses.
                      (I have not taken an interest in the entertainment industry to date; and mostly would not be able to recognize the people.)

Out of curiosity, I presented Gallagher's picture to my Census Bureau group [we had yet another meeting tonight] to test to see whether they would be able to identity him. [of course, he looks a little different in person.] Wow. At least 3 people (of 4) could immediately identify him, and also know much detail about his career.

Not sure this is my town. gf

Comment

They used to shoot one of those law firm series in my building where I worked. One entire floor of the building was a movie set. I accidentally pushed the wrong button on the elevator and landed there once. I am pretty sure it happened on a day when I stumbled into work before coffee. Anyway, there was nobody there, but I was surprised at how really nice it was. I mean, I thought it would all be fake stuff. But it was real stuff and nice stuff. And of course, they shot more movies than I could count on the street outside. They were always closing the street for movie crews. Funny enough, I never really paid any attention to the celebrities. I couldn't even tell you if I ever even actually ran into any. I might have and not even realized it. Real life drama was far more amazing. Like when a car crashed into the front of the building and knocked one of the pillars out of the entrance and landed in the lobby.

Comment

Day 4... sick! I don't know what it is, but I had a fever and couldn't eat for about 24 hours. I'd rather just think about my discharge! Of course my Adversary Proceeding is running just as slow as they usually do. There is a 6/1/2010 answer date, so if I'm lucky, my dumb creditor won't answer by then... then I can do to them what they usually do to us; default summary judgment!

Comment

Hi JB. I hope you don't have the flu like 'Hub and I got. We're finally on the mend, but there for a while.....
                            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                              Day 4... sick! I don't know what it is, but I had a fever and couldn't eat for about 24 hours. I'd rather just think about my discharge! Of course my Adversary Proceeding is running just as slow as they usually do. There is a 6/1/2010 answer date, so if I'm lucky, my dumb creditor won't answer by then... then I can do to them what they usually do to us; default summary judgment!
                              I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. I was so very tired myself, and couldn't get motivated to do much. I blamed it on the allergy meds I took the night before. A friend of mine came over and loaded me up with B vitamins, so I am rarin to go today. Well. Not really. But feeling better anyway.

Here's to hoping they don't answer too! (lifting a shot of pepto bismol!) (Vitamins also make me feel queasy lol.)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X