Who gets copies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who gets copies?

A lawyer from a secured creditor of mine gets copies of EVERYTHING I file. I understand they get noticed on items I file that pertain to my car loan.
    But, is it correct that they get copied on every item I file?

I'm not sure why it bothers me, but it does.

I had my 341 meeting yesterday. The trustee wasn't there, but an attorney from his office was. He told me if I had any questions that I could wait for the other two people after me to leave and he'd answer. That was awesome!
    I asked him 3-4 questions on how I handled different items and he actually replied without saying "I can't answer legal questions."

I say that with humor, but I admit it gets annoying. I'm not asking questions with the expectation that they will hold up in a court of law. I need answers to be led in the right direction so I can then verify the answers through research. I really appreciated him taking the time with me.

Anyway, if anyone is there that can answer my question -is it common practice that one of my creditor's lawyers get copied on every single item I file whether it has to do with the creditor not not? For example, they got copied on my Notice to Avoid Lien with the IRS. I realize my bankruptcy is public knowledge, but do they have to get copied on all?

Thanks,

Any creditor can subscribe to PACER and specifically to be noticed on anything in your case. Yes, it's normal practice. Yes, they have every right to. As a matter of fact, i have the right to look at everything in your case too.

The reason a creditor would want copies on EVERYTHING is because they have a vested interest in the case. An IRS lien does affect all secured creditors! They would really want to know how that is going!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks, Justbroke. I appreciate the clarification. Also, saves me from calling the court as I planned at 9:00a.m. and making a fool of myself.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X