top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creditors' matrix -- must I add IRS and state tax agency?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creditors' matrix -- must I add IRS and state tax agency?

I'm trying to finish off my creditors' matrix. I was going to just use the information from my dismissed Chapter 13 on the paperwork I'm now doing to file anew under Chapter 7.

I see that the attorneys in my old state, California, added IRS and California Franchise Tax Board information though there were no amounts owing to them.

On the court instructions for my new state and city, I see nothing indicating that I should add these entries to my creditors' matrix. I also see nothing in the Nolo books for Chapters 7 and 13 indicating that they are to be added.

I suppose I could just add them but if it's not required I'd rather not.

Anyone have more information on this?

Thank you.
    11/2008 - Filed Chapter 13
    02/2010 - Chapter 13 dismissed
    08/2010 - Filed Chapter 7 pro se in new district
    09/2010 - Chapter 7 341

You should add them. Many Districts automatically add those two creditors, as well as several others, automatically. For example, Florida will add the IRS, Florida Department of Revenue, Florida Department of Law Enforcement and your County's Tax Collector... all automatically.

The bottom line is this. If you have indicated taxes on any of Schedules A-F, you should add the taxing authority to the matrix.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks much for your help. The questions are really cropping up this week as I try to finish things off.
      11/2008 - Filed Chapter 13
      02/2010 - Chapter 13 dismissed
      08/2010 - Filed Chapter 7 pro se in new district
      09/2010 - Chapter 7 341

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X