top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who all gets copy of BK Notice? Just those on matrix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who all gets copy of BK Notice? Just those on matrix?

Not anybody who's listed under Gifts on the Statement of Financial Affairs such as ur church right?

All parties with an interest in your bk get notified. Your charitable donation to the church will not matter (provided it is reasonable and custom) and they will not be notified.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Thx...just wanted to make sure!

Comment

The Creditor Matrix is the "mailing list" of those that will be provided a copy of the "Notice of Bankruptcy". This Notice of Bankruptcy is generated by the Court and is mailed by the Clerk of the Court to everyone on the Matrix via the Bankruptcy Noticing Center. This is why the Matrix is required in an emergency petition (skeleton petition) so that notification can be done.

You may also need to serve the Notice of Bankruptcy on individual creditors based on any amendments to your Schedules.

There may be other notification requirements, such as the need to serve the Statement of Intentions oo all interested parties. This usually means those parties who have an interest in property or contracts therein listed. You must also serve the same on the Trustee and United States Trustee.

You should always follow local rules with regards to service of papers (including the Notice of Bankruptcy), when you have things like amendments to schedules, filing the statement of intentions, conversion, and other procedural items.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

If you are really concerned, you can go to PACER and see exactly who the notices were sent to. I noticed on ours that the IRS is notified, even though we had nothing concerning taxes in our petition. It was interesting to look at the list. Besides, I printed a copy to keep by my phone in case I got creditor calls. I was able to verify that the creditor was indeed sent a notice and verify the address just in case.
          Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Yes! Some Districts automatically add certain creditors, but those automatic creditors are usually governmental units/entities. I had the Florida Department of Revenue, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE), and the Tax Collector for a County that I didn't reside in, all automatically included! (I guess that FDLE is for child support enforcement?)
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Interesting! When I first saw IRS I thought, "What?!" But then I realized it was just a common practice here....no big deal.
              Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Will your landlord be notified even though I'm not behind on rent?

Comment

Originally posted by jaibe View Post
                  Will your landlord be notified even though I'm not behind on rent?
                  if you listed the landload, yes. if not, no.
                  8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

thanks tobee- I don't want him to be notified, I don't think it's any of his business quite honestly. So how do you get around this?

Comment

Originally posted by jaibe View Post
                      thanks tobee- I don't want him to be notified, I don't think it's any of his business quite honestly. So how do you get around this?
                      Look on Page 2 of your Form B1 (Voluntary Petition). Make sure NO boxes are checked under the section "Certification by a Debtor Who Resides as a Tenant of Residential Property."
                      Last edited by Lalalink; 07-27-2011, 09:45 PM.
                      This forum is full of amazingly talented, intelligent and caring people.
                      Ch7 BK filed Pro se: 6/2011; 341 Meeting: 7/2011; Assets abandoned; Report of No Distribution: 8/2011; Discharged and closed 9/2011.

Comment

Thank you very much!!!!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X