Filed ch7 today and I can't find Santander's bankruptcy information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed ch7 today and I can't find Santander's bankruptcy information

Hi all -- I am truly frustrated. After a grueling few months, I finally was able to file my ch7 petition today and I intend on re-affirming my car loan through Santander. I just got my case number today and I figured it would be best to notify Santander that I filed and to let them know I am going to continue to pay.

The number they have listed on their website for the bk dept is regular customer service, and when I ask to be transferred, no one knows what the number is. The last person I spoke to said the bk dept/accounting dept won't speak to me until they receive my petition which I need to fax in (I thought they automatically get a copy through the court)? I am so annoyed!! Can someone help?

Did you ever find this? I believe they use Ascension Capitol for bankruptcy servicing.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by michelle1181 View Post
      Hi all -- I am truly frustrated. After a grueling few months, I finally was able to file my ch7 petition today and I intend on re-affirming my car loan through Santander. I just got my case number today and I figured it would be best to notify Santander that I filed and to let them know I am going to continue to pay.

The number they have listed on their website for the bk dept is regular customer service, and when I ask to be transferred, no one knows what the number is. The last person I spoke to said the bk dept/accounting dept won't speak to me until they receive my petition which I need to fax in (I thought they automatically get a copy through the court)? I am so annoyed!! Can someone help?
      Hi michelle1181,

Santander is also my finance company. I was behind on payments so they were calling quite frequently. After I filed, I answered one of their calls, I told the lady that I had filed BK and they transferred me, to what department I haven't a clue. But the person that I was transferred to gathered all my information and I believe looked up the case while I was on the phone with her. She stated Santander would send the reaffirmation agreement to my attorney but I would no longer hear from them, have online account access, or receive statements, all of which is true, except for the first part. My attorney has not received a reaffirmation agreement as of yet, I am just over 1 month post filing. I'm not stressing over it because I have no intention of signing, I'll be glad to be rid of them and their poor customer service.

Do you have an attorney? He or she can assist. Santander's phone system is a tangled spider web, I hate calling there and I hate talking to them, seems like I would get a different story each and every time I called.

They do automatically get a copy of the notification from the court, assuming they were properly listed on your petition. Like I stated earlier, I simply gave the person I spoke to my case number.

I've done some research on Santander, they are advertising jobs in Texas for their bankruptcy department, ie clerks, managers etc. Perhaps this is the reason they are late to the party, maybe they just don't have enough people to properly service the bankruptcy customers.

I hope it works out well for you, I hope they properly respond.
      Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

I called the # on my statements, and it routed right to the BK dept. I never got to their regular cs dept. go fig. they never sent re affirm papers to us to sign, albeight we owe about 8 more payments totalling a grand, so it may not be worth their time...
        Filed Ch 7. Jan 14th 2011. 341 Feb. 24th 2011. DISCHARGED April 26th 2011. Closed May 10th, 2011. Huge weight off our shoulders! Scores as of 5/14/11 : TU-639, EQ-642, EXP-602

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X