Another Pro Se Discharge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Pro Se Discharge!

Just checked Pacer...my bankruptcy was discharged yesterday and the case was closed today!

I thought about filing a long time before I actually did and part of the reason I didn't was because I couldn't afford a couple thousand dollars for a lawyer. The ones I spoke to for a free consultation made it sound like it's damned near impossible to do this myself. I thought I was stuck and I dealt with the harassment of collections agencies until I figured out what to do. My goal was ultimately to work hard to increase my earnings and pay everyone off.

Unfortunately, one of the credit card companies couldn't wait for my plans to work out and they sued me. They left me no choice but to file pro se. So, I read the NOLO book and forums like this, got my forms, and spent a week working on my forms every day. I filed my case within 2 weeks of getting notice from the court that I was being sued.

My 341 meeting was an absolute breeze. I was in and out in less than 5 minutes. The day of my 341, the only people that I saw having problems were the ones with attorneys. Go figure.

So, folks, this can be done. It wasn't easy and I was an emotional wreck until my 341 was over, but I got through it. I was scared to death that I was going to do something wrong, but I didn't. When I filed, the clerk complimented me on being so thorough and in my 341, my trustee did too. Now it's officially over and I am thanking God.

If anyone reads this and is thinking about going pro se, it won't be easy, but you can do it if you really want to. Thanks to NOLO and this forum, I did it and you can too!

Filed: 3-4-2011
    341 Meeting: 4-5-2011
    : 6-7-2011
    Closed: 6-8-2011

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Another pro se Discharge!!! Here you go:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

"To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

CONGRATS! And cheers to your fresh start! I was not brave enough to file pro-se, you should be proud of the accomplishment!
      Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

Big Congrats!!!!!

Comment

Congratulations and best wishes!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm personally happy to read about another Pro Se discharge! Yes, it can be done. Yes, you need to study and be meticulous so as not to draw attention by or the ire of the U.S. Trustee (UST).

Congratulations!
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

You are awesome and congrats! Hope to be in your shoes. ITA about lawyers and it is impossible to file pro-se mentality. Depending on your case research and a little intelligence can go a long way.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X