Another Pro Se filer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Pro Se filer!

Just filed today. Talk about nerve racking!
    Don
    Filed Pro Se on 8/4/11 (No Asset, Chapter 7)
    Redeemed Automobile ProSe (722 Redemption),Discharged on 11/3/11

Congrats! I wish you well!!
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Welcome to the Club!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I take my hat off to anyone who files pro se. Best wishes to you. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Actually I thought filing was way easier than having to wait for my 341, hope there weren't any weird questions, and having to wait for my discharge. Just the patience it takes.

Congrats. Hope it goes off without a hitch.

Comment

Best wishes to you and as 'Hub said - I too take my hat off to anyone doing this by themselves!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
              Best wishes to you and as 'Hub said - I too take my hat off to anyone doing this by themselves!!!
              Honestly, if it weren't for my Nolo Book and this site, I would not have had the confidence to do it Pro Se.
              Don

Comment

I had my 341 today. I think it went pretty smoothly.
                Don

Comment

Best wishes!
                  Originally posted by doni49 View Post
                  i had my 341 today. I think it went pretty smoothly.

Comment

Update

I just thought I'd come back and post an update.

I had my 341 on 9/2/11. There were no issues there. Extremely smooth.

On 8/24/11, I called the lender about on my car loan and said that I wanted to see if we could agree on a stipulated value for the redemption of my car. Following is the conversation that took place (I found it slightly amusing).

Me: I wanted to call you to see if we could agree on a value for my redemption.
                    Lender: You mean you want to reaffirm your loan?
                    Me: No--I mean redeem.
                    Lender: Reaffirm?

[Note from me: I don't know for sure if she really didn't know what redemption was or if she was trying to get me to agree to reaffirm. But the next statement shut her up. ]
                    Me: No. 722 Redemption. Section 722 of the US Bankruptcy Code allows for a secured debt to be separated into two separate debts--the first being secured up to the value of the collateral and the second being unsecured and will be discharged along with other unsecured debts.
                    Lender: Hold on, let me talk to my manager.

She eventually came back and had me send her pictures of my car.
                    After a week or so, they told me what value they were willing to accept. It was only $700 more than the value I had come up with. So I offered to meet them in the middle and they accepted. I submitted my Motion to Redeem, the court ordered it and I paid the agreed amount to the lender. My title arrived yesterday along with a letter stating that they no longer had any interest in my vehicle.

My discharge is due next Wednesday. Yippee!
                    Don

Comment

Doni that is INCREDIBLE!!!! WELL DONE!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!

Comment

Amazing journey! Congratulations. Goes to show the power of knowledge.
                        Lawyer - $3000
                        Filing fee - $299
                        Fresh Start - Priceless

Comment

I did a emergency partial file on the 19, your update gives me hope.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X