Filing Pro Se, Waiver Denied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filing Pro Se, Waiver Denied

My waiver of fees was denied even though my income is 150% of median, What can I do.

Did it tell you why it was denied?

You can try the installment payment. if that doesn't work then you'll have to pay the full amount.. (305 I think)
    8-25-2011 - Free Consultations. -- 9-03-2011 - Decided to file Pro Se
    9-15-2011 - Filed Chapter 7 Pro Se -- 10-17-2011 - 341 Meeting/No Asset Case
    Discharged 12-21-2011 - Case Closed 12-27-2011 - Another Pro Se'r has done it!!

Comment

If it's denied, that means you have to pay. As buzzstpoint points out, you can submit a request to pay the filing fee in installments.

Comment

I just looked at my schedule I and see that I made a mistake, I listed the Food Stamps Benefits that we receive for 675 dollars which I now realize is non cash income and need not be listed, can I submit a corrected form and refile it. That would bring my family of 4 income to 1450 a month . With that I would be way below the 150% poverty guidelines for a family of 4, which is 2793. Is this a option or do I just have to pay the filing fee.

Comment

Originally posted by iry View Post
          I just looked at my schedule I and see that I made a mistake, I listed the Food Stamps Benefits that we receive for 675 dollars which I now realize is non cash income and need not be listed. . .
          Receipt of food stamps IS income (no different than any other government assistance) and does get listed on Schedule I.

Des.

Comment

I just looked at my schedule I and see that I made a mistake, I listed the Food Stamps Benefits that we receive for 675 dollars which I now realize is non cash income and need not be listed, can I submit a corrected form and refile it. That would bring my family of 4 income to 1450 a month . With that I would be way below the 150% poverty guidelines for a family of 4, which is 2793. Is this a option or do I just have to pay the filing fee.
            Perhaps there is a clerk or officer you could personally plead with. Explain your situation. It is worth a try. The answer is always no if you do not ask the question. 'Hub
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

How do I file a motion to reconsider motion fee waiver

Comment

How do I file a motion to reconsider motion fee waiver
                Don't, you will just piss off the judge.

UNLESS, there really is a change or something you forgot to mention before.

The Motion is easy, just type it up, name it "Motion to Reconsider Denial of....", take it to the court house and file it.

However, I think it's a bad idea, you should just do the installments.

Comment

Thanks for the info HHM, I was thinking of it because I included non cash income on the fee waiver, and was hoping the new info would make a difference

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X