top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Post - trouble with fillable forms - help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Post - trouble with fillable forms - help?

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking on the boards and I am filing Chapter 7 pro-se. This forum, along with the NOLO book, has been incredibly informative and helpful.
    I've dedicated this afternoon to working on filling in forms, I'm currently working on the Statement of Financial Affairs and having a problem where the "fillable field" doesn't allow me enough room to type in what I need to list. For example, on Question 4, I need to type about three lines of information but when I print, only two show up. I believe I'm going to run into the same problem on any fields where I need to list more than a few lines of information.

Has anyone encountered this? Any advice? I'm about to lose my mind!
    Filed Ch.7 Pro-Se - 8/16/2012
    341 Meeting - 9/18/2012
    Discharged - 11/20/2012

Attach a supplement and reference it.

e.g. So, in your answer to question 4, simply say.
    "See supplement A"

and then fully draft your response on supplement A.

Since, as a pro se filer, you won't be able to file electronically, this is not a big deal. You would attach the supplement directly behind the Statement of Financial Affairs (not at the end of the petition).

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
      Attach a supplement and reference it.

e.g. So, in your answer to question 4, simply say.
      "See supplement A"

and then fully draft your response on supplement A.

Since, as a pro se filer, you won't be able to file electronically, this is not a big deal. You would attach the supplement directly behind the Statement of Financial Affairs (not at the end of the petition).
      Thank you! That makes sense and I feel very reassured
      341 Meeting - 9/18/2012
      Discharged - 11/20/2012

Comment

Be sure to put your name and the last 4 or your SSN at the top of the supplement.

Comment

I would also initial and date, in your handwriting, every supplemental page. That lets everyone know that you have reviewed and checked each page.

Good wishes to you.
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

What is written above it exactly how we do it. The following is from a District in Florida...

Use continuation pages if you run out of room. If there is no pre-printed continuation page... for the particular form you need, make one using an 8 ½ by 11 inch sheet of white paper. Label continuation pages with your name and the name of the form, followed by "Continuation Page 1,” "Continuation Page 2," etc. Insert the words "See continuation page" next to the question and put the additional information on the continuation page. Attach all continuation pages to the appropriate forms before filing them.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you everyone! I just filed everything today and am taking a little time to breathe and relax before the 341 meeting in September. Filing pro-se was a lot of work - I truly hope that I have been complete and accurate. Phew...
              341 Meeting - 9/18/2012
              Discharged - 11/20/2012

Comment

Congratulations on filing!
                "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X