Just had my 341 meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had my 341 meeting

Update, I just left my 341 meeting and... I'm not really sure what to do now. Do I just wait for something in the mail saying discharged? At the end of the meeting he said it was a no asset case (or something like that). I get the feeling that's a good thing? Although I already knew it was a no asset case.

Welcome to the 60 day club which mean it about 60 days you should have your discharge and be on you way to your fresh start

Comment

Yes, being told you are No Asset is a very good thing. So you are now in the waiting stage. You won't hear anything unless something unforeseen happens, such as a creditor filing an objection to the debt you owe them. And you won't be notified of your discharge until the full 60 days pass. If you still have the paper that summoned you to the 341, it will tell somewhere on that page your espected discharge date.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Since I discovered a new creditor, will ammending the whatever form I'm supposed to do cause a delay? Or will it still be 60 days.

Comment

Amending will not cause a delay. In fact, it's not "technically" required when you are a no-asset case, but it is nice to do just to keep everything "clean" and documented.

If you decide to amend, make sure you follow the local rules and/or call your Case Manager (in the Clerk's office), to ask a procedural question on amendments! There are certain requirements that must be satisfied when you add a creditor which include, and may not be limited to, service on that creditor (of the Notice of Bankruptcy), possibly sending that creditor a claim form (Official Form B-10), updating the "statistical" forms, and payment of the fee for amending the petition.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Discharged!

Comment

Congratulations!
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X