Got My Case Number!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got My Case Number!!!!

Many, many thanks to all of the resources here. I successfully filed my Chapter 7 today. I was even complimented by the Deputy Clerk that my paperwork was in order and looked official! I'm a little OCD on some things and I checked my paperwork no less than 20 times before printing and signing it. This forum has been an excellent resource for me. I would like to thank all MODs for their help. Instead of creating a new thread, I will continue to update this one as my case progresses. Thanks again!

Great news!

Comment

Very nice and congratulations!

Let me tell you something about professional paperwork. Nothing in my petition was ever questioned... ever. My Chapter 13 Petition was 64 pages -- not including my Plan which was another 8 pages. I have filed a number of objections, motions, oppositions, withdrawals, 2 complaints (adversary proceedings), summons, you name it.

In a totally bizarre case, for my part of Florida, the Trustee never questioned my assets or my exemptions which was atypical for Florida! I did not try to hide things and even listed my "plasma" televisions separately on my asset schedule (C). I didn't want them to think I was hiding anything. For that, I never had any appraiser/auditor come to my home, which was the norm in some parts of Florida.

So, being OCD is not a bad thing.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Good morning all,

Brrrr....I hope everyone is staying warm, especially those in the middle part of the US. I received two of my creditor notices back stating incorrect address. How to I update those? Also, I found (after receiving a very rude phone call) that I left a creditor off. How do I add them?

Comment

One more question, I just checked Pacer and received a Request for Service of Notices from one of my creditors. It is requesting that all further notifications be sent to an alternate address. Is there any action needed on my part?

Comment

If you are Pro Se, you just need to make sure that you use the Mailing Matrix and those Notices if you ever need to serve that particular creditor. There is nothing that you need to do right now. It's only if you need to serve that creditor.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X