Into the Home Stretch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Into the Home Stretch

Hi. I haven't been on here in a while, but only just realized how long of a while when I also realized that I am about 7 months from completing my Chapter 13 in September.

My trustee started using TFS billpay which made it all so much simpler, less to think about and time just flew.

I think I filed in December of 2009? And modified my plan about every 6 months or so to make it work for me. Generally I modified to increase the amount of my payments on a temporary basis, whenever I was able to do so, to shave some time off. Which worked greatly to my advantage when a bunch of stuff broke at once and then I had also request a 4 month moratorium on payments.

I know it isn't over until the judge sings it, but I am eagerly anticipating discharge this fall, and really excited about it!

Thanks SO MUCH to the folks who helped me here and I hope my early adventures helped someone else, too.

Hi, Tigergem! Congratulations on coming so far. I look forward to celebrating your pro-se Chap 13 discharge later this year!
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Maybe in time for Christmas or my birthday?

Four. Payments. Left. lol! These last four months seem to be taking longer than the first 4 years lol. And then I have to wait another three months? Sigh! Yes, I will take a little cheese with that whine lol.

Eastern District

(c) Discharge Process in Chapter 12 or Chapter 13

1. Upon receipt of all plan payments from the debtor, (September) the Trustee shall file a Notice of Plan Completion which verifies to the Court that the debtor has completed all payments under the confirmed plan for which the Trustee served as the disbursing agent and that the process to determine the entitlement of the debtor to an order of discharge should be initiated pursuant to 11 U.S.C. 1228(a) or 1328(a).

2. Upon the filing of the Notice of Plan Completion, a 60-day opportunity to object to the entry of the discharge order shall be given by the Clerk to all parties on the master mailing list (matrix) as constituted by the Court on that date. (October, November)

3. If the case was filed on or after October 17, 2005, within 28 days after the filing of the Notice of Plan Completion by the Trustee, the Debtor (that’s ME) must file:

(A) a “Statement of Debtor(s) Regarding Applicability of 11 U.S.C. 522(q) in a Chapter 12 or 13 Case” in a format substantially conforming to TXEB Local Form 4004-c; and
      (B) a “Certification of Debtor Regarding Status of Domestic Support Obligations in a Chapter 12 or 13 Case” in a format substantially conforming to TXEB Local Form 4004-d.

And then I suppose it has to be put on the docket...?
      Last edited by tigergem; 05-11-2014, 11:59 AM. Reason: mistake

Comment

Right on time :-) My final payment was in September, and earlier this month, the court filed a notice to initiate my discharge. I have filed the papers I was supposed to file and am now within the 60 day window waiting for objections. And there had just better not be any, that is all I haz to say on that lol.

Comment

Congratulations on completing your plan!

tick tock... tick tock... tick tock....
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
            Congratulations on completing your plan!

tick tock... tick tock... tick tock....
            Thanks :-) I guess the 60 days will be in January, so a late Christmas, early birthday present from me to me, hopefully. Possibly the most expensive, most prolonged, but most worthwhile gift I ever gave myself lol.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X