Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serve Statement of intention

Good evening

How does one go about serving a statement of intention on the TT and secured creditors?

You serve it to them using the manner described in FRBP 7004(b). That is typically service by first class mail. You would also file a certificate of service with the court indicating that you have served the SOI on specific creditors or other parties in interest (such as the Tee and/or UST).

If you are unsure, contact your case manager and ask a procedural question. Ask the case manager what is the proper service for the Statement of Intentions. If you filed pro se, your Case Manager may actually do the service for you via the BNC (Bankruptcy Noticing Center) and save you some money. (The BNC can do electronic noticing as well as send regular mail.)

You can't use the BNC for service of contested matters or adversary proceedings as that service is a bit more cumbersome (service in person, return receipts, etc).
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

oops I forgot to mention that my case is a chapter 7.

Comment

No need to mention. The SOI is only used in a Chapter 7 proceeding. In a "Chapter 13", a debtor's intentions are reflected in the Chapter 13 Plan of Reorganization.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I am still bit confused then. Who would my case manager be?

Comment

Originally posted by 63640 View Post
            I am still bit confused then. Who would my case manager be?
            Call the Clerk of the Court's office (typically the Intake office), and just ask. They will ask your case number. It is typically assigned by case number. The intake clerk will then tell you the name of your case manager and will gladly transfer you to their desk.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X