Does this sound right to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this sound right to you?

Filed BK and discharged. Included vehicle that was financed, but my mom was the primary on the loan. Today I received an emailed from the dealership stating they had been trying to ahold of me because the finance company needs info in order to get the loan funded.

When we filed BK and discharged that debt, it reverted to my mom and I've still been making the payments.

Why am I being contacted about this?

Included is a copy of the email I received.

Thanks for choosing ABC for your recent vehicle purchase. We arranged financing on your behalf with one of our many lenders. The lender has informed me that there are items we may need to get from you to get your application funded with the lender. Please bear in mind, that if you have a trade-in with a payoff, we will not make the payoff for your old vehicle until the loan on your new one if funded.

We have made an attempt to contact you by phone but were unsuccessful. We need to speak to you immediately to resolve this matter and to get your application finalized. Please contact myself or your sale representative if you have any questions.

I'm a little confused?

Also, my phone number has never changed and they've never once called me...

Comment

It smells like a hoax. When you finance the purchase at the dealership, you may leave with the car, but the financing isn't finalized. There is a clause in the contract that says if the loan isn't funded you need to find other financing or return the car. But, you usually hear about that pretty quickly. The fact that they are contacting you via email is suspicious. Are you certain it is from the dealer? Has your mother heard anything from them? I would call whatever bank you have been making payments to and find out if there is a problem. Don't use any of the contact information in the email without verifying it is really the dealer you are responding to. And don't click on any links in the email.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Yup. . . sounds like a scam. If there is a contact phone number try that to see where it leads. Play dumb and have fun. Otherwise hit the delete button. But, before you do, what is the email address it was sent from?

Des.

Comment

It's an email address from the actual company that we purchased the vehicle from.

I'm thinking they've made a mistake because they haven't contacted my mother either.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X