Need help with local standards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with local standards

Hello everyone on the forum, I'm new and have been lurking around for the past week. I'm working on my Chapter 7 petition, in Los Angeles with the Central District of California. I have no income, I receive food stamps and perform labor to pay for my rent. I have a DL 30 suspension on my license for a unsatisfied judgement of $8131 for an uninsurred accident. I cannot get a job without a valid license and cannot afford to pay the judgement so that is why I am filing.

My question has to do with the Local standards specifically the section "Housing and utilities - Insurance and operating expenses." I can find a figure for this. What should I put / where do I find this figure?

I was able to find a figure for the section "Housing and utilities - Mortgage or rent expenses." for which I put $447 for 1 person non-mortgage, is this correct since i don't pay money for rent I instead work for the owner?

I really recommend you go to the "Pro Se" clinic at the local Central California bankruptcy court. You need more help than we can provide since you ar asking a very specific legal question -- as to whether you can take the housing allowance on the Means Test if you don't have housing.

The "Pro Se" clinic even has a bunch of documents on line outlining the process and also lists their hours.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

An even more pertinent question may be whether or not you can actually discharge this judgement. Is insurance required in your state? If there is any quasi-criminal part of this, bk may not help you.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X