Look back time for gifts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look back time for gifts.

My sister gave me 5000 in December. If I wait to file until July will this gift be exempted from means test and income statements ? Money is already spent for needed medical equipment and household necessities .

Yes, if you wait until July that money will not be counted in any way.
    Filed CH13 - 06/2009
    Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

ghk3rd: Does the $5k, when added to your income, put you over the median income for your area? If not, then there's no reason to wait if you need to file now.

William
      I am an attorney, but I am just not your attorney.
      As such, any statement is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship.

Comment

I am 20000 over median with one person family. There are six people living here but I can't get a definitive answer relating to how many I can use . If the married adults living here file,can I use them in my case also ?
        Will the gross salaries of other occupants need to be used or just the amount they contribute to family resources .
        I really don't want to spend several hundred dollars to hire a lawyer and then get a 13 out of it .
        All I know is I have less than 100$ left at end of month .

Comment

Originally posted by ghk3rd View Post
          I am 20000 over median with one person family. There are six people living here but I can't get a definitive answer relating to how many I can use . If the married adults living here file,can I use them in my case also ?
          Will the gross salaries of other occupants need to be used or just the amount they contribute to family resources .
          I really don't want to spend several hundred dollars to hire a lawyer and then get a 13 out of it .
          All I know is I have less than 100$ left at end of month .
          My attorney went by the number of dependents I had on my Federal tax return. Since the household size I'm using in my bankruptcy matches my tax return, he was ok with it. He's also a trustee. This is in Ohio Southern District so other districts may be different.
          Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
          Attended 341 September 2010
          Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X