I helped grandaughter with college.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I helped grandaughter with college.

For the past two years I have helped my grandaughter with her college expenses, when I could. like apt rent,food, gas, and misc. Sometimes as much as $600.00. Months back I have charged things on my CC for her school. Will this have any consequences when I file BR.

Nothing wrong with helping family members. The cc debt is unseured and will be discharged unless there are some large and recent charges.
    The big question is cash payments to an insider within a year.Get a timeline together of the amounts within the past 12 months prior to filing and inform your attorney.
    The solution could be to delay filing and let the most recent age away or, you may have to make arrangements to pay the trustee should they make an issue of it to keep them from suing your granddaughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Hlc View Post
      For the past two years I have helped my grandaughter with her college expenses, when I could. like apt rent,food, gas, and misc. Sometimes as much as $600.00. Months back I have charged things on my CC for her school. Will this have any consequences when I file BR.
      not at all....actually, many people get caught up with helping family members....and get themselves into debt...

i think most of know...moms, dad,....grandmothers etc...have a tendency to help their families even when they don't have enough for themselves.
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

As always thanks for the information and help.
        Last edited by Hlc; 10-03-2010, 01:08 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X