Cash gift after filing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cash gift after filing?

How long after filing should cash gifts be reported to the trustee? There is a family rumor that my cousin will be giving out cash gifts at Christmas after making a huge, unexpected profit on some real estate he sold overseas. I don't know if this is true or how much, but if he does would I report it to the trustee? if luck holds I will be discharged and closed by then, but I know you are supposed to report inheritance even after filing. Just trying to avoid an awkward situation.

Thanks!
    A fresh start is a beautiful thing. And I'm not an attorney, just opinionated!

Once discharted and closed, your finances are your own business with a few exceptions.
    A gift is not one of those exceptions.

(5) Any interest in property that would have been property of the estate if such interest had been an interest of the debtor on the date of the filing of the petition, and that the debtor acquires or becomes entitled to acquire within 180 days after such date--

(A) by bequest, devise, or inheritance;

(B) as a result of a property settlement agreement with the debtor’s spouse, or of an interlocutory or final divorce decree; or

(C) as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy or of a death benefit plan.

Comment

Good to know, thanks!
      A fresh start is a beautiful thing. And I'm not an attorney, just opinionated!

Comment

What if it's received before the discharge date, but after the 341 meeting? Anyone know the answer to that?

Comment

Great information shared by you.It will really help me a lot.Thanks for sharing it here..
          oil change minneapolis

Comment

Originally posted by Bret View Post
            Great information shared by you.It will really help me a lot.Thanks for sharing it here..
            Bret is a Spammer to be. He is setting up to advertise. I've reported it to Mods.
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X