top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sold a van a year ago, and signed over $2980 check to my mother.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sold a van a year ago, and signed over $2980 check to my mother.

We filed for ch7 yesterday. I got to thinking about vehicles we have sold. On around 07/09 (Before I even considered BR as an option) I sold a 99 Chevy minivan, I don't have a clue who I sold it to. The thing I am worried about is that I may have officially sold it for $500 on the title. I don't remember if I filled out $500 or $1500 for it on the title and I have no way of finding out. I don't have the VIN for it or any kind of record of the sale. I just remember a guy who was REALLY down on his luck and thinking I could help him a bit with his luck. Is this going to come back and bite me in the butt?

Another potential problem is I signed a student loan check of $2980 to my mother. I use her to help me not use the money. When the semester starts, I buy my school supplies and books, Then she takes what is left and writes a check for rest to knock down the balance. I am not sure how to handle this.

If it makes a difference we waaay below the median and exempted from the means test. How should we handle this?
    Chapter 7
    Filed, 12/21/2010
    Discharged, 03/30/2011

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X