top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Driving myself crazy......Really screwed up my life....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driving myself crazy......Really screwed up my life....

I met with a BK attorney on Monday for my initial consultation. I was foreclosed on and condo was sold 3/2/11, he advised me to file. I forgot to ask him something very important. I got sober in 2004 and turned my life around. In 2010, I lost my job, condo and had to leave my family and take a job out of state. In November 2010 I relapsed. There are about three weeks where I had ATM withdrawals of $100 - $200 every other day. I put myself in rehab in January for 30 days. I went back to work out of state and relapsed again for a week (about 14 days ago). Again, I had daily ATM withdrawals for a week. This money is gone, spent on drugs. My family and I decided I needed to come home where my wife and sober friends are to focus on my sobriety and getting my life back in order. I'm very worried about these withdrawals and how it may seem that I've been stashing money or something. Probably will be filing in the next couple of weeks.
    Is this going to be an obstacle to filing? Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by reg; 04-06-2011, 08:53 AM.

Don't panic over this. If asked about the withdrawals be honest about them. Many people who are addicted to one thing or another have been in the same position and gotten through it with an honest explanation.
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

I really suggest you seek professional help for your problems! You really need to go into AA or NA and get your family back brother! I'm in the same boat as you, and I'm saying a quick prayer for you brother! Fight the good fight!

Comment

Various addictions (alcohol, drugs, sex, gambling, and others) have come up on these forums quite often. The trustees are familiar with these things, and as long as you are honest, you will have nothing to worry about. Also be prepared to explain the efforts (and failures) that have brought you to BK. These facts, legally, are not the trustee's business, but will help you explain what would otherwise seem like erratic or inexplicable behavior that might raise questions in the trustee's mind.

Good luck to you!
        11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
        12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
        3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X