Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to BK

Hello,
    starting the process and feeling isolated and ashamed. Here for support and also to support others. Thank you.

Welcome, the emotions are certainly understandable and, at least within this group, commonly felt. What's your story and which type of bankruptcy are you thinking to apply for?
    Latent car nut.

Comment

Welcome to BKForum. We're just one big family here. You can rely on us to help you through this process and we welcome any and all questions you may have.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Hi, thank you for welcoming me. I made a lot of bad choices while in active addiction. I got sober and enrolled with a law firm that negotiated with creditors. I felt I was making a lot of progress, but the monthly payments were outrageous and I was just getting by.

Then I started getting sued. My anxiety and depression were off the charts. In sobriety, I have humbled myself and decided I have to file BK 13. I am probably also getting divorced. I am so afraid and am hiding it from everyone I know.

sorry to be so negative, but I am glad to talk to people who are going through the process!

Comment

Please know you are not alone... I am in a chp 13 plan as well and it can be a blessing in disguise. It is not easy. It is not something to be ashamed of. It is a fresh start and will humble you to really think about what you need as opposed to want. I had a shopping addiction, divorce, death, etc. I understand what you are going through.

Comment

Same! My shopping was out of control during my addiction.. the whole experience is hard to accept at times. I appreciate the support !!

Comment

We’re all human and we all mistakes. I’m glad you’re taking a step forward to get your life back in order. Good luck as you start this journey.
              Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
              Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X