Shred-Fest 2021!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shred-Fest 2021!

So as we are planning to relocate in 2022, after our BK maelstrom, we are going through all our stuff... sooo fun on a Saturday. Moved books to sell, to the garage - get store credit which is almost 2X the cash offering - that builds up, yknow - so we can buy something rare, we have been looking for. And, we had our 'stack' of expired credit cards that were on the list for "Credit Card Terminator-Judgement-Day <insert trademark here>". We had a bunch because we were fans of "Balance transfer of 0% APR for 12 Months!" That kinda thing. Although they don't measure up to a lot of physical weight, they end up being like annoying little gnats - we swat at them, they annoy us, but they don't go away; rather, they accumulate and contribute to the stress-inciting clutter. Sooo... Shred Time! We won't have to pay the $5 or so to ship them along with our major stuff like furniture (no major savings there), but it was cathartic to hear that nice, satisfying CRUNCH~!~! when they got shredded into itty bitty little useless plastic bits that will eventually end up in someone's tire, or ziploc bag. A-hahahahahah!! LOL! Alrighty; I think we are done for the night.

Zombie 13 as you can tell is blessed with a wonderfully sardonic humor while I am beset by morose bemoaning!
    It is ironic that when I was a local indie film actress, everyone considered me a natural comedienne with wonderful energy and now when I have to deal with people, it's a real chore to be uplifting and cheerful - that what a not so smooth four years of relentless BK13 will do to your psyche!

Comment

I have a love/hate relationship with the shredder. I even paid one of the kids $10/hr to shred and they "quit their job" after just one hour. LOL. I still have cards from back in 2005 but did shred a bunch of them. I'm so afraid to throw them away without shredding although the accounts are long gone.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Yeah Barbisi, true; but, we are almost there. I agree, it's difficult being around happy chipper people.
        Wow justbroke they quit? Dang. It took me about 10 minutes; I could get three side by side usually. I used to burn them along with old tax forms etc. but they stank and smoked like crazy.

Comment

Shredding! I almost bought a wonderful shredder. I saw it online maybe QCV or some such entity. But you can set your papers in it like you do on a printer/copier and it feeds them in. You don't have to do it by hand and it takes a lot of papers, you don't even have to be in the same room. I was mesmerized by it. But since my old junky overheating shredder works I didn't buy the luxury model. But every so often I look because if the price is right I might just go for it in the future.

I think it was on sale for about $80 which would could be equivalent justbroke paying his kid $10 an hour. I know I have spent more than 8 hours especially if you count the down time when it overheats and you have to wait and go back to it!
          I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Originally posted by Carmella View Post
            ... especially if you count the down time when it overheats and you have to wait and go back to it!
            That's why I was paying the kid! Got tired of the cool down!!!!!

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

That sounds like a pretty cool shredder, Carmella . Ours takes up to 16 pages but I usually do 4 at a time. It doesn't take too long. Maybe that's a good sign... in the past we had so much documentation to destroy I went for the barbecue. Fire it up!
              justbroke - that's not a bad job... hurry up and wait.
              I made another pass through our file cabinet yesterday and got rid of more stuff... even manuals for stuff we don't have anymore. Just more dead weight we don't have to pay to transport.
              We have a significant stack of notes, marked up I and J forms, scenarios, letters, etc. from the BK process that we are keeping for now, juuuust in case we need to refer to them. But, as soon as we get the closing documentation, we are going to shred/burn all of it except for the bare essential papers.
              I would like to find out: for a home moving company - how much it costs us to transport one pound/1 cubic foot of personal belongings, from our current location to our destination. It would be interesting to calculate how much it would cost us, to move the junk that we really don't need.
              We donated two large bags full of clothing yesterday, and will sell/donate 3 very heavy bags of books today.
              These 'great deals' we got on books and clothes ($1 - $5 for books, and 70 - 90% on nice clothes over time), are not such great deals anymore when we have to pay to ship them. Simple scenario: a $5 book may cost $7 for example after relocation. Multiply by 100 = $200 extra cost.
              We will still keep some of our books because we really like them. But some, we don't need.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X