top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Oregon a ride-through / keep and pay state?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Oregon a ride-through / keep and pay state?

I filed pro-se and don't plan to reaffirm my vehicle unless they'll re-negotiate... otherwise, I just planned to retain and keep payments current... where in our state statutes would i find if Oregon is a ride-through state... i just want to make sure they can't still reposses if i don't reaffirm but keep pmts current... have no idea what terms to search in statutes etc...

Yes it is. Went to our reaffirmation hearing this morning and judge ordered ride through on one of our vehicles. On the other vehicle the judge approved the reaffirmation because they cut us a deal in the agreement. Hope this helps.

Comment

and one little side-note. . .this is a back-door ride through . ..it is important to note that as we had initially signed the reaffirmation agreement the creditor can not take our vehicle back as long as we keep making our payments. Had we not initially signed the reaffirmation but continued to make our payments the creditor could still reposses the vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by HopelessRmtc View Post
        and one little side-note. . .this is a back-door ride through . ..it is important to note that as we had initially signed the reaffirmation agreement the creditor can not take our vehicle back as long as we keep making our payments. Had we not initially signed the reaffirmation but continued to make our payments the creditor could still reposses the vehicle.
        This is how it was explained to me by the judge today, as well, at my reaffirmation hearing. She denied my reaffirmation, much to my surprise, and they have 21 days to say they are going to repossess, in which case she will reconsider, but if they don't, I get to keep my car as long as I pay as agreed.

Comment

One update to this. . .we have had to ask our judge to put it back on the docket the credit union that the judge denied our reaffirmation agreement is now refusing to accept payments from us. So back to court we go.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X