Rights if give leased car back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rights if give leased car back

I am four months post discharge, current with both payments to AHFC on my 2 leased vehicles. I did not reaffirm these vehicles, so can I give them back now if I wanted before leases are up in 10 months without penalties?

You don't reaffirm leases. You assume them or reject them. What does your statement of intention say regarding the leases?
    Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

where is the statement of intention located on the CH7 filing? my atty only gave me papers to sign or not sign for reaffirmation. We did not sign as he advised and have since just been paying monthly. Therefore am I legally bound to the lease as pre BK and if so do I then have the option to purchase the vehicle at pre BK end of lease option as it is on the lease papers or does car go back automatically to AHFC? This is somewhat confusing. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by dakota112 View Post
        where is the statement of intention located on the CH7 filing? my atty only gave me papers to sign or not sign for reaffirmation. We did not sign as he advised and have since just been paying monthly. Therefore am I legally bound to the lease as pre BK and if so do I then have the option to purchase the vehicle at pre BK end of lease option as it is on the lease papers or does car go back automatically to AHFC? This is somewhat confusing. Thanks for your help.
        It's form 8. It's usually right after your statement of financial affairs. If you didn't assume the lease, you're not personally liable on it.
        Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

I see now where it is checked off to assume the lease however I never signed any other papers, ie reaffirmation so in other words my leases are still in effect until they are over? and if so does Honda have to honot the buyout if I elect to purchase them? Thanks again.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X