Coming to get the car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming to get the car

Well it's official they are coming to get my surrendered car tonight. It makes me kind of sad inside. I mean I knew I was gonna have to give it back but still hurts a little.

Union Bank & Trust filed a relief of stay so they could come pick it up. The guy from the bank was an idiot. He said well if you can leave it out in the street with maybe the keys in it. I was like, ummm no. I was like if they knock on the door I will give them the keys and everything to it. He was like well I would get everything out of it and everything. I was like well can they call me before they come out. He was like no, they probably won't.

They showed up about 2 hours after I got off the phone with him at my house. Well the car was at work with me so they were asked if they could come back at 6 so we could empty the car and everything. They said that was fine.

I need to time to take pictures of it because it has no scratches or dents at all on it and I know how things can happen and then try to go through my insurance for it.

Oh well, moving on to bigger and better things!! I will be just fine!

Were you current on the payments before filing BK?
    Im also surrending vehicle that i will be current on when i file next week. How long will it take for them to get it? or will i have to stop making payments first?

Comment

My last payment to the bank was on May 15th. The June 15th payment I did not make. I filed on June 28th. So I was only 13 days late when I filed. It depends on the bank. If you are surrendering your car and state that during your 341 the bank will either wait till your discharged to come get the car or ask for a relief of stay and come get the car earlier than that.

My bank wanted the car back stating that it was depreciating in value while I was driving it around and that's why they wanted the relief of stay to come get it.

I said goodbye to the car this morning and they came and got it. A little bit of sadness but not really when I was paying $402 per month for the car.

Comment

are u going to be able to get another car? or do you have other means of transpo. this made me sad reading this! i was current on my loan when i filed but havent yet made my august pmt will be doing that in the coming weeks..i just filed 7/30. i dont have any other means of transpo
        otherwise i would give mine up i pay 441.00 a month!

Comment

we surrendered our car without every missing payment..

we called the credit union told them we couldn't make the payments due to the job lost and are leaving the state...we told them we were certain that they would NOT appreciate it if they had to come 2000 miles to get it.

well, let me say, they were in SHOCK....they had to call their atty since they said they NEVER had someone not behind just want to surrender their car.

well, it was a 400 payment for work commuting...and since there was no work...we didn't need or have the 400 to pay.

they were at a loss.....i told them for the past 30 years we enjoyed a wonderful relationship with them and we aren't ready to skip town...it took us a lot of effort...we had to RENT a car since when they finally able to tell us where to bring it, it was over 3 hours away!! so we had to follow each other and took pictures dropped it off...end of story.

no one was nasty like the banks usually get. but we most certainly couldn't afford that car, our other one all tho old was pd in full...so that's what we did. it still was really difficult so i understand what your going thru..

DON'T FORGET TO HAVE THEM GIVE YOU A RECIEPT AND TAKE PICTURES!!!
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I remembered to take pictures of every angle but I didn't get a reciept. They picked it up while I was at work.

Luckily I do have a work van that my fiance uses that I'm able to use right now. I also am having a transmission dropped in a van that my mother had in the garage. The rebuilt transmission will cost me $1200 but I really like the van and it would be reliable transportation for right now. I'm hoping in six months to get a used car but right now I want to have no debt to my name.

It's weird because when I turned 20 and got my first nursing job, all I wanted was a new vehicle. I got a new one every 2-3 years until this year. But now I'm happy just using a used vehicle and not having the stress of a car payment, less insurance, less on tags and more money in our savings.

I've had to grow up and realize what's important. It's not a fancy car, expensive clothes and jewelery but taking care of my children and being a great mom to them that will make me happy in life.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X