Reinstatement or Redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reinstatement or Redemption

car got repo'ed much to my surprise this morning...literally 1 payment left...and i swear i am up to date

Those facts nonwithstanding...if it turns out i am behind...do you ALWAYS have the right to redemption?

I am in CT and there is some weitd wording in the law about if they notify you you can't redeeem and if they don't you can...

who knows...but i freaking out i won't get car back...

i have money...not the issue

I'm in CT as well and my attorney made it clear to me that starting last fall they cannot take your car if you pay (and you don't need to reaffirm). When did you file; if it was after the legislation went into effect you should be in the clear; but I haven't read it and I don't know when, exactly, it went into effect.

Comment

i live in ct as well, what car company was you finance with? just wondering, because mines is finance with carmax and i am not going to reaffirm.

Comment

Originally posted by aquavir View Post
        I'm in CT as well and my attorney made it clear to me that starting last fall they cannot take your car if you pay (and you don't need to reaffirm). When did you file; if it was after the legislation went into effect you should be in the clear; but I haven't read it and I don't know when, exactly, it went into effect.
        Where can i read this?

Comment

I don't have the text of the law, but I do have a letter from my attorney, which accompanied the reaffirmation agreement from Cap One, in which he states "The Connecticut Law changed on October 1, 2009, to make it illegal to repossess a vehicle if the sole default is the filing of a bankruptcy petition." Take that for what it's worth. I haven't had any issues in the 8 months since discharge; I even started getting statements again.

Comment

Originally posted by aquavir View Post
            I don't have the text of the law, but I do have a letter from my attorney, which accompanied the reaffirmation agreement from Cap One, in which he states "The Connecticut Law changed on October 1, 2009, to make it illegal to repossess a vehicle if the sole default is the filing of a bankruptcy petition." Take that for what it's worth. I haven't had any issues in the 8 months since discharge; I even started getting statements again.
            thank you

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X