Voluntary surrender to Chase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voluntary surrender to Chase?

We filed 2 years ago, didn't reaffirm our truck but did keep paying so we still have it. We need to replace it now, so I'm going to call Chase and set it up. How fast do they move? Also, we need a letter from them saying we're going to be giving the truck up before the new loan will be approved. What are the chances they will fight me on that? Cause once I call and tell them we need to surrender, we are kinda screwed if they don't agree to send a letter, and we NEED 2 cars so if they come get it before Wednesday we're in trouble.....

If I offer to drop it off somewhere this weekend do you think they'll work with me so I have a few more days with it? I just made this month's payment about 10 days ago, so we aren't behind at all.

Any advice?

Thank you.
    Cj
    Last edited by cj0203; 09-27-2010, 09:17 AM.
    CJ
    341 on 8/3, determined NO ASSET
    60 day wait was over on 10/3/08. Discharged 12/23/08

I don't think it's going to happen that fast. They will probably want to repossess it using the normal means by farming it out to a "Repo" company. This will take time. Additionally, voluntary repossessions usually require some forms to be completed, so you'll have that as proof along with the receipt from the Repo Man should you do a "friendly" repossession.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it.

I called, and they won't send a letter until after they get the car (makes sense), so now we have to see if the dealer can get the bank they are working with to work with us on this somehow. Chase said I would get a call before they came to get the car in a few days to a week, but I don't trust them (I'm cynical I guess), so I cleaned it out already. Now that the ball is rolling, we kinda have no choice but to get a car one way or another.
      CJ
      341 on 8/3, determined NO ASSET
      60 day wait was over on 10/3/08. Discharged 12/23/08

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X