No announcement yet.

For how long can I hide vehicle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I filed a week early, I got my case #, and my attorney and I will be calling audi today.

Comment

I was in the same type of situation, but I received a letter to Intent to Accelerate on 10/15, they (Santander ) stated in the letter I had until 10/29 to pay, which I knew I had already sent in my paperwork to file. Those Bast&*#S came to my house at 11pm on 10/21 to try to REPO my car.... I did NOT answer the door...I have a garage, and it's facing an alley .....called/emailed my AWESOME lawyer.....15 mins later he had me a case number!!

I don't condone keeping property that does not belong to you or that you are going to surrender in bankruptcy, but what I don't like (whether they didn't have to notify or not) is when predatory lenders that deliberately send notices out giving u "time" when they know they are going to underhandedly try to pick up the car anyway!!
      Filed Chp 13.: 10/21/2010
      341: 12/2/2010
      Confirmed: 01/10/11

Comment

This is nothing new. Even the banks say that they'll work with you to prevent foreclosure, while their attorneys are busily scurrying to the Courthouse to get a Judgment of Foreclosure and to sell the home. This is standard operating practice. If you are so many days past due on a car loan, they don't even really need to tell you. Seems unfair, but... there you have it.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
          This is nothing new. Even the banks say that they'll work with you to prevent foreclosure, while their attorneys are busily scurrying to the Courthouse to get a Judgment of Foreclosure and to sell the home. This is standard operating practice. If you are so many days past due on a car loan, they don't even really need to tell you. Seems unfair, but... there you have it.

Yes I so understand, just thought it was shady!
          Filed Chp 13.: 10/21/2010
          341: 12/2/2010
          Confirmed: 01/10/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X