Notify of Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notify of Auction

Does anyone know if the lender needs to notify you when the car goes up for auction?

Not sure if the lender HAS to or not, but our lender did notify us of the auction date and location for our car.
    Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
    Attended 341 September 2010
    Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Comment

Originally posted by hcorreia1 View Post
      Does anyone know if the lender needs to notify you when the car goes up for auction?
      come on!! your in jersey....the ONLY place in this country where you can get into more trouble just sitting at your dinning room table eating dinner than in any other place in the WORLD! (almost...and i can say that because i lived there so long).

no...in jersey they usually do not notify you. once they repo'ed the auto...you do not hear back until they tell you that you owe the bank the difference. i.e. you owe 10k...it sells for 5k....so now the bank wants you to pay the difference.

if i were you, and interested, just call and speak to someone to see when it's going up for auction.

best of luck!
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Thanks for the info, The car was repossessed over two years ago when we had rough time. We just got done settling the Judgment for less then what they wanted. I am looking for a way to try and get this off my credit report I think they mentioned they would take the full amount and remove it but not sure if they would do that.

Comment

I have the exact same question! Our SUV was re-poed in August and we've been waiting and waiting for an auction notice. Just for a letter today that it sold and there is a $3087 deficiency. I thought it was a law that we had to be notified of the auction date.
          Filed Chapter 7: 3-22-08
          341 Meeting: 5-15-08 It went great!!!
          Last day for objections: 7-14-08
          Discharged and Closed: 7-21-08

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X