When will they sue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When will they sue?

Just curious...how long after a credior repos a car will they sue? What are people experience on here? Dunno if this helps, but the deficiency balance will probably in the area of $10,000 - 15k

Let me Google that for you!
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

I'm not asking what the law is...I'm asking what people's personal experience is when it comes to repos and lawsuits

Comment

Originally posted by djvice View Post
        I'm not asking what the law is...I'm asking what people's personal experience is when it comes to repos and lawsuits
        State specific info on such a specific set of circumstances (ie: procedures will vary by creditor, too) may be hard to come by and the first hit in Google was pretty informative, IMO. Sorry for trying to simply be helpful.

So, I presume you gave up your car with the $600/month payment and transferred the one that was paid for back to your 'friend's mom'?
        ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~

Comment

I'm still making the $600 payments...I doubt I will be able to next month with taxes lingering around. Thats one debt I DON'T want to have over my head.

Ok, sarcasm is not needed. And by the way...what is the difference between "transferred" and "purchased". Technically, she purchased it. Who's cash was it? Majority of it was hers. So instead of "transfering" the vehnicle...didn't I just sell it?

Comment

I wasn't being sarcastic - glass houses and all.

I merely asked a question about something you posted in your prior posts and seemed somewhat evasive about. I didn't know how else to indicate the person that was in the vehicle transaction with you. Curiosity killed the cat - but satisfaction brought her back.

Comment

Sorry for lashing out at you...Im just a super paranoid person by nature. I even think creditors are on here stalking their victims, lol.

Yes, the truck was purchased in September (from a private party), using 80% her money and 20% mine, was put in my name alone. I was going to repay her within 6 months, but was never able to make a single payment. We agreed to take my name of the title and put her name on it, and when the time comes that I can buy it from her, I would. As far as the Department of Transportation sees it, its a purchase. And rightfully so.

This would have all been soooo simple if we would of just put it in her name in the first place. But oh well, can't change history now.

Comment

i can only tell you our experience....

we didn't wait for the repo....we just turned it in.....we knew there was going to be a deficiency after they auctioned the car...however, we filed bk and put down we surrendered the vehicle...(still shows up on a CR as a repo) we listed the full loan on our petition...as well as we surrendered the auto.... and were never approached by the credit union as far as a suit because of our "timing"....

i do know they usually sell the car first and then that is when they have the "amount" that you will be sued for....so it will depend on how quickly they sell the car and claim the loss....hope that helps a bit...

maybe someone that actually has gotten sued can give you an exact "time" line.
                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I'm in the same situation but I'm in San Diego, CA and I'm wondering what would happen.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X