Kinda... bad / weird question...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinda... bad / weird question...?

Ok, only reason I'm really thinkin about this is because a couple weeks ago we had a tire blow out and had to get a new one, and we litterally just 1 week ago paid 500 deductible to get a bunch of stuff fixed on the car about to be repossessed, which we realized was stupid as crap...

Well we're going down to 1 vehicle, and its older and the tires need replacing pretty bad, I'm about to go check fitment but kinda iffy about the whole situation.

Can they come back on me if I switch the wheels? Both are hub cap type wheels, so I can switch the wheels without fear of repercussion or?

One guy I work with was laughin the other day about an RV he had repo'd he said he took the TVs out of it and everything before it got repo'd ~2 years ago.

I mean they really have no way of saying that those aren't the wheels I had on it on my own, or that the repo man didn't switch them so I guess its a stupid question.

Mainly just will cause the car to sell for less. If you have filed BK, or will be soon that means little to you. Going out and driving it off a cliff may be an issue, but how you maintain your car, is not.
    3/2/09- Filed: chapter 7 / No asset
    4/1/09- 341 Hearing: 1 creditor showed up Got to love family feuds
    4/2/09- Trustee Report of No Distribution Filed
    6/24/09- Discharged and case closed

Comment

Sorry but I disagree with both posters 1 and 2. This is wrong to do as the car is equity that you intend to release. That means it does not belong to you as a secured debt. It is tantamount to stealing, and you don't want to start your new start in this way. It could be called fraud as well. Those who strip out a house or take the TV's (unless they put them in) are hi-jacking value that no longer belongs to you when you intend to let it go. In other words, stealing.

Remember you would not want that to happen to you. Don't do it to another even though you 'could' get away with it. Wrong way to live. Karma my friend.

This will haunt you. The tire you purchased is the only thing you own and in my opinion, that ONE wheel could be changed. Do the RIGHT thing and you will have an easy and worry free procedure. Do wrong and it will catch up with you. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
        Remember you would not want that to happen to you. Don't do it to another even though you 'could' get away with it. Wrong way to live. Karma my friend.

This will haunt you. The tire you purchased is the only thing you own and in my opinion, that ONE wheel could be changed. Do the RIGHT thing and you will have an easy and worry free procedure. Do wrong and it will catch up with you. 'Hub
        +++
        --------------------------------------------
        As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness. ~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I am going to have to pipe in here and agree with 'Hub. Karma is a ***** with a GPS. She WILL find you and you will be paid back 10-fold - either good or bad. You're the only one that has to sleep with yourself at night. Do the right thing.
          Filed Ch. 7 11/8/10: Survived 341 Meeting 12/13/10 Report of No Distribution!! 12/14/10Received UST Presumption of Abuse!! 12/15/10 UST states Dismissal is Inappropriate! DISHARGED!! 2/22/11

Comment

First, if by taking the actual tires, as opposed to the rims, you may find that the cost to remove and remount/balance 8 tires is not that much cheaper than just buying new tires. Usually the store will throw in/discount the labor to put the tires on if you buy the tires from them. If you mean taking the actual rims and tires and just switching them yourself, be careful. Nowadays, car manufacturers imprint VIN numbers and other identifying information on a lot of the parts of your car. Between that and different part numbers, they may figure it out.

Second, I agree with others, you are stealing. There is always going to be a fuzzy area when dealing with property you intend to release. I wouldn't have a problem with not getting your manufacture recommended maintenance done on a car you intend to turn in or not fixing something that happened in the normal course of using the vehicle (dents, cracked windshields). On the other end of the spectrum, you can't sell a car you plan to turn in and pocket the money. What you are suggesting falls in the middle, though much closer to the more harmless side. Still, I wouldn't risk it. As others have said, you are going to get a chance to start over. Don't start it that way.

Comment

when gmac reposessed my suv (i had paid on it for 4 years, and 3 yrs left on a 30k loan); they took it, then sent me a bill for 1- the costs to 'refurbish the vehicle' to sell it at auction and 2- the difference for what it sold for and what my remaining loan balance was. they said i still ended up owing them over 8k. yeah right. it is included in my bankruptcy now though. i do not know what they were refurbishing, but that total was over 2k.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X