How does repo look on credit report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does repo look on credit report

I'm in the middle of filing Chapter 7. Ihave a car that I am current on and will be surrending. I'm still making payments because I don't want my credit report to show a repo, then a BK. I heard somewhere that when you file, all tradelines are deleted from the time you open them and just show something like, "Discharged in Bankruptcy." In other words, all your payment history is deleted. Anyone know if this is true? If it is, then there is no use trying to keep up with the payments. I'll ust turn the car in now. If not, then it makes sense to keep making payments to avoid that nasty word, "Repo." Eventually, I'm going to need to buy another car and I don't want a repo showing up when they pull credit. I have a buddy at a car delaer who works in finance and he siad the worst thing you can have is a reposession. What do you guy thinks?

Originally posted by HOOOPTEEE View Post
    In other words, all your payment history is deleted. Anyone know if this is true?
    That's not true. I have read of some creditors deleting pre-bk history after BK is filed, but that is not the norm and is definitely not required.

Originally posted by HOOOPTEEE View Post
    What do you guy thinks?
    I think you are crazy to keep thowing money away on car payments when you are going to surrender the car. People get car financing after BK all of the time. In fact, people start gettting offers in the mail as soon as they are disharged. Even if you don't have the repo on your report, you are not going to get good terms immediately after BK. But, you will be able to get a loan. When do you plan on filing? If it will be in the next 60 days, you might as well stop paying now. They aren't likely to repo before you file and will probably wait until after your discharge.
    Last edited by LadyInTheRed; 08-29-2012, 02:26 PM.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

They look bad, like a foreclosure bad.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X