SBA and loan guarantee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SBA and loan guarantee

Just got served papers for SBA loan default. Loan was through Branch Banking and Trust. Business was foreclosed on last year, assets have already been sold. Now have a balance of approximately $160,000.

Questions:

1) When bank wins judgement, do they start their own collections (i.e. Bank garnishments, levies, etc.) or do they send it on to SBA to collect their guaranteed reimbursement?

2) If sent on to SBA for collections, how long on average before collection attempts start? What is typical MO of SBA?

Thank you in advance. Any advice would be appreciated. I am in Texas and have 20 days to answer the lawsuit.

So far in my research, some banks just do the bare minimum in collections before sending to SBA for their guarantee. Then there are some who do the full all-out garnishments. Anyone with stories to tell?

Comment

Bump. 6 months later...

Hearing in court will be in about 10 days, bank asking for summary judgement. Which they'll get. Considering this is an SBA-backed loan, does it then get turned over to SBA by the bank for claim, or does the bank start collection efforts i.e. go after my assets? FYI I'm in Texas.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X