LLC questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LLC questions

We have an LLC that we are dissolving. I know that we personally guaranteed some of our debts and that we are not responsible for the ones that we did not. Does anyone know if utilites are personally guaranteed? I am worried about the electric bill we are running right now while we close down. Our bill runs around $500 a month and wont be final until we move the last week of July. We will probably file personal ch 7 before then. There is NO way we can afford to take a bill of that magnitude with us as I don't have a job and my husbands income is fairly limited
    Anyone have any experience with this? Can we still include it in our filing or are we not personally liable and we can just walk away from this debt.
    Thanks if you can help.
    So many little questions are keeping me up at night.

Originally posted by Mama2LNJ View Post
    We have an LLC that we are dissolving. I know that we personally guaranteed some of our debts and that we are not responsible for the ones that we did not. Does anyone know if utilites are personally guaranteed? I am worried about the electric bill we are running right now while we close down. Our bill runs around $500 a month and wont be final until we move the last week of July. We will probably file personal ch 7 before then. There is NO way we can afford to take a bill of that magnitude with us as I don't have a job and my husbands income is fairly limited
    Anyone have any experience with this? Can we still include it in our filing or are we not personally liable and we can just walk away from this debt.
    Thanks if you can help.
    So many little questions are keeping me up at night.
    Anything you incur after the date of your filing is new debt and not discharged. Call for a final reading the day before you file and have them give you a copy of it.
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

It would depend if you signed a PG when you started service. If you do not have a PG than it would be the corporations debt and not yours. If you did sign a PG you need to be sure and include them when you file.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X