need a merchant account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need a merchant account

My credit is bad. Filing soon for ch7. But i need to be able to accept credit cards other than Paypal. Any ideas of what I can do.

i know somebody knows something

Comment

Well, I had a great response all typed out for you until I found out that I got logged out and lost the work. Here goes again:

Have you tried gopayment.com or squareup.com yet? They are both mobile credit card solutions that use the 3.5mm headphone jack on your cell phone for a mini card reader. You use either app with your checking account and a compatible cell phone. Squareup requires phones with certain operating systems for swiping as does gopayment, but gopayment also allows card entry by going to their website on your non-compatible phone's browser. Both apps have flat rates for swiped cards and allow manual entry for a higher fee. Funds are sent to your bank in 2 to 3 days. Go to both websites and read the links on top of gopayment.com and the bottom of squareup.com. Receipts can be emailed to the customer. These apps are great for someone who needs to be paid on the road or where there's no access to a computer. I use gopaymet in my service business. I can see it working in a small brick and mortar as well. Let us know if you have success with this.

Comment

yeah, I have square but I was needing something for my website. i guess im in trouble for a while till I get my score back up

Comment

I know you said no Paypal but how about Paypal Pro?

It works just like a regular merchant account but doesn't require a credit check. Sure it's more expensive but the no credit check thing is a huge benefit.

That's what I use on my online sites.

Comment

ill have to look into that. Ive never heard of it.

Comment

I've used the merchant side of PayPal. It's pretty spendy though at $30 a month plus they take their normal percentages of rape on the whole dollar amount of the transaction. Reason why I do that is because I might only have it going 4 months a year, then I shut it down and I don't have to be charged for the membership.

Comment

You can accept checks online or phone....without major credit....PM me....I can help if this an option

Comment

Check out stripe.com

PayPal Pro checks your credit. I had a PP Pro acount before running into problems and was worried that I would have my account cancelled so I started looking for an alternative that would work with my stores shopping cart.

I haven't needed to use this service yet so I can't really say how well it works.

Originally posted by From their website:
                  Pricing like it should be

2.9% + 30 cents per successful charge. No setup fees, no monthly fees, no card storage fees, no hidden costs: you only get charged when you earn money.

Earnings are transferred to your bank account on a 7 day rolling basis.

Comment

I dont know if intuit checks credit, but we used them for our CC business directly through quickbooks pos. And it can be linked to the website.

They were also the least expensive we found. no one could beat them. GL

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X